chapter 2

Imogen's POV

"Oh my god," I gasp and pant for breath, my chest heaving. My back arches as I let out a groan.

"Mom that workout kicked my ass," My mom lets out a breathy laugh, a hand on her hip as she drinks from her water bottle. "Language. But I know what you mean. I'm definitely starting to feel like I'm forty," My sweat towel hangs around my neck, one hand preoccupied with my phone while I grab by water bottle to take a drink.

"Your dad is going to be a little late at work today, so you can do as you please today but just be careful and be home in time for dinner," My mom tells me as she rubs my back and heads out of our home gym.

I do have a few errands I need to run so I head up to my room to take a shower and get ready for the afternoon. Once I've finished cleaning and scrubbing my body I hop out and dry myself off. Wrapping the towel around my body, I grab some leave in conditioner and run that through my hair before brushing it out. I decide to leave it wet so that it can air dry.

After I've gotten dressed, I get my purse, making sure I had my phone and keys before heading downstairs. As I get down to the foyer, I check my outfit in the full-length mirror. I had chosen my black ripped denim skirt with a cropped yellow spaghetti strap tank that said "it's your loss, baby" on the front, my black Gucci belt, white sneakers, gold hoops, and my trusty cropped black jean jacket.

"I'll be back later mom!" I call out to wherever she is in the house. I hear a faint call back reminding me that dinner was at 5:30.

Starting the engine to my Jeep, I pull out of the driveway and make my way to Rodeo Drive.

A couple hours later I walk out of the last shop, multiple bags in hand. I had gotten a few school things as well as quite a few outfits and shoes. I place my bags in the trunk of my Jeep before hopping in and starting it up. Feeling a little hungry, I decide to head somewhere to get a smoothie and maybe a salad. It was a little after 2 in the afternoon which was pretty close to dinner time so I didn't want to eat too much. After driving for a few minutes, I finally see a place called Rescue Smoothie. It looked like an upbeat yet quaint place, so I decide to try it.

I walk in and am immediately hit with the familiar sound a pop song playing through the speakers. There are people scattered amongst the high and low tables, and there's guys playing pool at the pool tables located in the back of the restaurant.

Once it's my turn to order, I decide to get the Kiwi Quencher smoothie and the super green Caesar chicken bowl which is basically a large salad with chicken.

As I sit down at an empty table, I notice that a couple of the boys that were playing pool happened to be JJ and Jordan. Catching Jordan's eye, I offer a wave accompanied with a small smile before answering the text from my best friend Camilla. "Hey Imogen, uh, how are you?" I look up from my phone to see Jordan standing in front of me, hands stuffed into his jean pockets, a soft smile on his face. Gosh, puberty did wonders for this boy. "Hey Baker," I grin, gesturing with my hand that he could have a seat as a waiter brings me my smoothie and salad. "How's the end of your summer treating you?" In between talking to Jordan, I also take bites of my salad and drink my smoothie. I know it had been a while since I lived in Beverly Hills, and since I had seen the Baker siblings, but it seems as if nothing had changed.

Before I know it it's about 5:30. I have no idea where the time had gone, but it was nearing dinner time and my mom would be pissed if I was late since she told me a specific time before I left. "I hate to cut things short," I say to Jordan after he's finished talking about his training for the upcoming football season, "I have to head home. My mom would kill me if I was late," A sheepish smile forms on my lips as I put the lid on my salad so I can bring it home. If I don't end up eating it, my mom or one of my siblings will.