Alex pressed both of his hands on my shoulders to calm me down, as my heart hammered against my chest. “It’s seven, Aerial. Your dad will be here in thirty-“

                “Seven?!” I screeched. “I still haven’t made the meat yet! Oh my God Alex, get me out of-“

                “Aerial.” Alex held my down from fidgeting. “Aerial, babe, relax. I made everything for you. All you need to do now is get dressed.”

                My shoulders sagged, as I stared at Alex with my lips parted. “You did what?” I asked with disbelief, as I blinked. “Alex, you aren’t lying are you?”

                Alex let out a low chuckle, as he pressed his lips against my right cheek. “No, I’m not.” He whispered, his eyes lingering into mine for a while before he cleared his throat. “Come on, you need to fix that bird’s nest of yours.”

                My eyes widened, as my cheeks turned bright red. My hands immediately flew up to my hair, as I tried to run my fingers through the tangled mess insecurely.

                “I’m kidding, Aerial.” He smiled lightly. “Now hurry up. You’ve got thirty minutes.”

                I shot him a glare, as he got up from our bed to exit the room. Before he left, though, I called his name out. “Alex, wait.” I said, as Alex turned around with a frown. “Thanks.”

                Alex let out a low chuckle, before winking at me with a smirk. “You can thank me later.”

                I smiled, as I watched Alex leave and close the door behind him. I blushed when I caught myself smiling even after minutes after Alex had left. I buried my face into my arms, before I quickly made a dash into the shower to wash out my unruly hair and cleanse myself.

                After, I blow dried my hair, leaving my brown locks naturally wavy. I went over to my dresser, picking out black dress with laced quarter sleeves, and an open back. I carefully picked out a pair of red heels and a matching red lipstick to match it.

                When I was finally finished, the doorbell rang. Quickly, I made my way down the stairs, noticing that Alex was already greeting my father. I held in my breath, as I smoothed out my dress.  

                “Mr. Mason, it’s nice to see you again.” Alex shook my father’s hand.

                I sighed with relief once I realized that my father wasn’t drunk, and he didn’t look like a mess. “Alex,” my father gave Alex a hearty shake, “it’s nice to see you, as well.”

                I stood behind Alex, as I bit my lower lip. My father’s eyes suddenly casted towards me, as I gulped. His expression was blank and unclear once his eyes met mine, but a smile slowly spread across his lips, as he made his way around Alex.

                “Aerial, honey.” He breathed with disbelief. “I thought I’d never see you again.”

                I gulped back the tears, as I gave my father a tight smile. “I could say the same about you.”

                My father held my gaze me a while, before he cleared his throat. A woman stepped from behind him. She was small and petite, and had chestnut brown hair that went just past her chin. She had a few wrinkles, but gave off the aura of youth and freshness. The thing that caught my eye was the bump that was pushing out from her stomach.