Chapter 16

Before anything, can everyone check out my new story that I have up? It's called Ten Reasons Not to Die! It's something new that I'm starting, and I'd love to hear your opinions. :) Thanks!

Chapter 16

                I was never the most patient person in the world. I never liked waiting for stuff to be finished, like waiting in line at the grocery store, or waiting for a test result. I also hate sitting in waiting rooms at the hospital, especially when I wasn’t even waiting for my own appointment. 

                Clarice asked me to come along for her first prenatal appointment at the hospital today. Normally, I didn’t like spending my Thursday afternoons waiting in the hospital, but she begged me to come along with her. When I asked why she didn’t ask her parents to come, she told me how they still weren’t supportive of her baby.

                The door that Clarice went into an hour ago finally opened up, as the doctor escorted Clarice out. “All you have to do now is go to the receptionist to book your next appointment.” Doctor Madison told Clarice, giving her a smile.

                “Thanks.” Clarice nodded, quickly walking over to the reception desk to make an appointment for the next month.

                When she was finished, she came over to me. She gestured for me to get up, as I followed her to take the elevator down to the parking area.

                “The doctor told me everything was alright, so far.” Clarice said, as the elevator went down.

                I nodded, staring down at my shoes, as the elevator doors opened. The two of us stepped out, as another couple with a stroller entered in after us.

                “I asked her when the morning sickness will end.” She unlocked her, as the two of us got inside. “She told me most morning sickness’ end between ten to fifteen weeks.”

                I sighed, staring out the window. Clarice began to drive out of the hospital, as I rested my head against the glass window. “Great.” I mumbled.

                Clarice stared at me curiously from the corner of her eyes. She could tell there was something up, and she wouldn’t back off until she got her answer. “What’s up with you today, Aerial?” she paused, giving me a stern look. “And, don’t you dare lie to me.”

                I licked my lips, crossing my arms stubbornly. “Nothing’s wrong.”

                Clarice stared at my cheek as we came to a red light, frowning. “What happened to your cheek? That scratch wasn’t there when I saw you yesterday.”

                I groaned, throwing my head back against the cushion. “I got slapped, okay? I got slapped, Clarice.”

                Clarice choked, as her car swiveled, making the car behind us honked its horn. Clarice pulled over to the side of the road, staring over at me with disbelief. “Who slapped you?” she cried.