8: Aftermath

Izumi:

hi there people,, just to let yall know that i will be taking a month? break. yea sorry its for a long period of time. I just suddenly decided that maybe i should take a proper break after having to do school work almost every day since April. and to also stock up on chapters for all 3 ongoing books lol. Also, I have an exam this month and internship the next month so i dont know how available i will be.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

As I left, I heard Yu- I mean Terushima's cries echoing around the almost empty school campus.

I can feel my legs slowly losing its strength as I fastened my pace despite wanting to look back and comfort him, because I still love him.

On with Chapter 8:

(Y/N)'S POV

After walking past the school gates, I sprinted off. To where? I don't know actually.

I may have seemed cool and calm on the outside to others a moment ago, but I actually wanted to just drop down to the floor, break down, and cry, the same way as Yuu- I mean, Terushima-san did.

I just continued running. My legs are slowly getting tired, but they're not stopping. I don't want to stop, I want to get away as far as possible.

I wonder where I am going. I haven't really been focusing on where I was going. I was just turning at random corners.

My tears are slowly clouding my vision as it kept on building at my eyes.

"Hey, look out!" I heard someone exclaim before hearing a loud car honk.

I suddenly got pulled back by my uniform collar, causing me to fall onto my butt. The force knocked out the air in me.

"Hey, you okay?" I heard a deep voice ask me as a hand was placed on my shoulder.

I wiped the tears away before looking up to the person's face and somehow recognized it, "Isn't he the captain of Karasuno's volleyball club?"

He looked taken aback. "Why yes, that's me." He said. "I am Sawamura Daichi, and yes I am the captain of Karasuno's Boys' Volleyball Club."

I snapped out of my small trance when he spoke. I just realized I said that out loud instead of saying it in my head. I looked to the side, away from his gaze and felt my face heat up in embarrassment.

To his side, there was a light-grey haired male with hazel brown eyes and a beauty mark under his left one.

"And you," I said as I pointed to him, "you are the vice-captain, right?"

He looked taken aback too. "Yes, I am Sugawara Koshi." He introduced himself. "Um, how do you know us?"

I was about to explain myself, until I remembered about Yuuji. He was the reason I recognized them. I've seen them before, during the volleyball competitions I went to.

I shook my head slightly, trying to forget about Yuuji. "My ex-boyfriend is in the volleyball team in my school, and I've seen your guys' match before."

"Ahh.."

"Well, what is your name? And what are you doing in this area?" Sawamura asked. I hesitated to tell him the truth, but I couldn't bring myself to lie.

"Ah, my name is (L/n) (Y/n), and, well, remember that I mentioned about my ex-boyfriend?" they nodded, "Well, he so happened to cheat on me a few days ago and I only confronted him just now."

"We ended up breaking up, and yeah... I ran away.." I explained.

There was silence between us for a few seconds as they were processing my words.

"Well, do you want to talk about it?" Sugawara suggested. Still sitting on the floor, he lent his hand for me to take.

"..Sure, I would like that." I answered before taking his hand and pulling myself up. I brushed the dirt off my skirt and fixed my uniform.

Sawamura handed me my bag. "You guys enjoy your date, I need to head home to help my mom." He said teasingly with a smirk.

My face heated up, as well as Sugawara's as he shouted, "S-Stop it, Daichi!" and slapped Sawamura's shoulder.

Sawamura chuckled. "Anyways, see you tomorrow, Suga. And see you next time, (L/n)-san." He said before turning and walking away from us. Sugawara and I stared in the direction he walked in as his figure gets smaller and smaller.

Sugawara then turned towards me. "Let us go to a nearby café, yeah?" he asked with a gentle smile on his face. I responded with a smile of my own and a nod of my head.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Izumi: this chapter bad bad 😔

(If you did not read the author's note at the beginning):

hi there people,, just to let yall know that i will be taking a month? break. yea sorry its for a long period of time. I just suddenly decided that maybe i should take a proper break after having to do school work almost every day since April. and to also stock up on chapters for all 3 ongoing books lol. Also, I have an exam this month and internship the next month so i dont know how available i will be.

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas