Chapter 41: Fool's Gold

Start from the beginning

"Good morning!"he greeted me cheerfully.

"Morning," I responded as I placed my hand bag and cashmere coat on the couch and walked to the kitchen.

"Blake left really early," he says as soon as he saw me walking towards the breakfast counter. "Sorry for tresspassing your kitchen,"

Giving him a slight smile, I watched him put on the omelet on the plate, the coffee machine was also brewing. Blake and I have almost all sorts of kitchen appliances but we rarely use them and I am not a good cook, though, Blake is, but she doesn't just have the time.

We've lived in this apartment for two years, we used to stay in a small apartment in Brooklyn when we were starting on our respective jobs and when we were able to saved up that was the time we got this place.

Sitting on one of the bar stools, Harry placed a plate of toast and omelet in front me together with a cup of brewed coffee. He then reached for me across the counter and pressed his lips on mine, which caught me off guard.

"I am leaving with you today," he says as he sat on the bar stool across mine.

Since we kinda got drunk last night, I wasn't able to confirm if he found a place to stay or how many days is he planning on staying here.

"Did you get your reservation?" I asked as I took a small bite of the toast. Harry's cooking skills is still undeniable.

He gave me a slight nod. "Yes I did last night," he tells me, then his hand reached for mine. "I know that you are going back to work today but I was thinking of maybe grab some dinner with you tonight," he says as his green eyes looked into mine.

Taking a deep breath, the words of Blake last night circled on my head again, but I can't just dismissed him, it'll ruin the game for sure.

"I'm gonna check my schedule first," I tell him and disappointment washes his face. "I've been away for a week so I might have to spend extra hours in the office today, but I'll let you know." I tell him hesitantly.

Acting like I don't want to disappoint him is something that I don't get about myself. It's just a game but why does it seem like I am protecting his feelings? Get your act together Taylor! I scold myself.

"It's fine, I understand" Harry said with a smile showing off his perfect set of white teeth. Ugh!

After breakfast and after cleaning up the kitchen we both left the apartment. Harry had a reservation at The Langham hotel near the infamous Empire State Building and a couple of blocks from our office. We had to take separate cabs because I have an early meeting with the VP. Harry once again pressed his lips on mine before I got inside my cab. He wanted me to go first even if I am the one whose familiar with the place.

As expected, my work is all piled up on my desk, I have client meetings here and there. I didn't even have time to take my lunch break or even catch up with my colleagues.

The day went smoothly but I was able to finish all the urgents task I had lined up. My slightly massaging my shoulder when my iPhone beeped.

It was Harry. I noticed that he texted me this afternoon for the dinner but I haven't even finish my reply yet. It was indeed a busy day.