Week Thirty Two - Thirty Three...

Chapter Thirdteen...

The next week was hard without Joey, I felt like my stomach was being sucked it or would explode, baby’s practicing sucking and breathing, while I also felt my hips where separating. Next week, week thirty three, two months left, thank god, baby’s gets its immune system boosted and I get no boost of energy, how is that fair, well it is for the baby, so close…yet so far away…

“I’m going to go out and get a chocolate bar from the corner store, want anything…?”

He didn’t answer, just sat there watching TV, totally ignoring me.

“Joey…? Do you want anything…?”

Continued silence, so I just left, I began walking down the street, the cool night, it was around eleven o’clock , no one around, just me and the sweet night air, as one, when I got to the corner, I realized it was closed, I had forgotten it was a Sunday night, so I made my way back, but I knew Joey was still upset with me, and I couldn’t take the tense, the think air between us, our love for each other but his hatred for me as well. So I took a walk around the block, so many emotions and thoughts running through my head.

“I love him”

“Do I…?”

“Or am I just over reacting…?”

“Is this just my hormones causing trouble for me…?”

“Or do I know Joey would be there for me…?”

“For the baby…?”

“That he’d love it like it was his own…?”

I had decided I was done with the bull shit and I was going to tell Joey everything,  that I know he would be there for the baby and I, that he’d love the little one as his own, that I wanted him to be in the baby’s life, and my life, as a parent, that I truly love him. I started to get back pains, and I was only half a block away, so I took a short cut into an ally way, thinking of how I would say, or what I would say, in my own words, I was jumped from behind.

“Hello sexy”

He had covered my mouth, stopping me from screaming. Attempting to kick and scream, he held a knife to my throat.

“You scream, you die”