Chapter 2: Friend Finding? Part 1

Harper P.O.V.

That girl that slept next to me would not stop snoring so i couldn’t sleep that well at all but I did get some sleep at least. I’ve function on worse than this on more stressful missions but so I should be fine on whatever this school has to throw at me.

As I wake up I just use my semblance to cross the large room in seconds. There was no one else up from what I saw but at least no one would know what my semblance was. As I’m leaving I see someone coming in I just ignore her till I had gotten closer then I realised that this is an amazing looking woman. Then i notice her eyes she had been crying as soon as I notice that I grab her by the shoulder and give her my most gentle smile I could muster for her.

Then I lead her over to a bench and ask in a hushed tone as to not wake anyone “Is something wrong?” As soon as i say that she starts to cry again but forces it back and says in her angelic accent “No, Nothing that important to burden you with.” She says forcing a smile onto her face throw her tears. As soon as she said that I realized that I should let her work this with herself if it is still there next time I see her then I’ll help if I can.

----------------------------------------------------

Later that day at the commons

I just got there for breakfast and low and behold there was that red head again. Ho great and look she coming here “Hey, how’d ya sleep?” she asks I reply “Not that great considering you would not stop snoring.” I said erated.

“Ho yea sorry should have warned you that I snore” she says rubbing the back of her head. “Ho yeah, I saw you speaking to that silver haired pretty back there. Is she okay?” I assumed she was talking about the crying girl I had talk to before. “No she’s not fine, but I think she will have to work it out for herself unless she feels the need to talk it out with someone” I then pick up my trash and throw it away then I go explore the campus.

Imp P.O.V.

‘It was nice knowing that she at least attempted to talk to someone but I can’t help but think that this was somehow my fault’ I thought while I was eating. “Will all first years come to the Beacon Academy cliffs for your first assignment.” A voice came over the intercom. As I heard that I finished my food quickly and was on my way over there. ‘You know if you wanted to go on a killing spree this would be the time to do it all the first years will be there. Even that silver haired pretty you called her kahehe.’ Rudra says. ‘No if you just start slaughtering the students then you’ll have to deal with them all at once and thats not a good way to kill everyone you need to be more discreet.’ Agni says ‘GOSH DANG IT YOU TWO JUST  SHUT UP FOR TODAY I WANT TO MAKE FRIENDS.’ ‘Well now you apparently want us to take over your body since you know the angrier you get the easier it is there Imp.’Agni says with a slight amusement in his voice.

“Shit there right at least I can calm myself easier now that I have more control over myself.” I say “Apparently you can’t control yourself that much. *giggles*” I turn around to see that the silver haired beauty right behind me.

“Are you okay? You’ve were talking to yourself and there was no one else other then me here.” She asks with a slight smile on her face. “NO! I’m okay just a little odd, sorry” I says while rubbing my hair awkwardly. “Oh okay have fun talking to yourself I have to get to the cliffs, Bye” She said she her she ran off with her hair flowing like a silver river behind her. ‘Crap so do I.’ Then I ran off as well.

----------------------------------------------------------- After ozpin;s speech

Harper P.O.V.

Well at least I’m not first but I will be the first to land. Everyone starts to get ready I just stand there waiting for when mine would send me flying. *ZOOM* ‘well that was fast.’ I thought then as soon as I was in there air I used my semblance to send me to one of the trees shadows although I still had all the momentum so I just rolled to get rid of all of it and kept walking on the way to this so called “artifact site”.

‘How far away could it must be a decent distance away since they were flinging us.’ As I thought that I heard a noise in the bushes and as I readied my family blade. “Hello is anyone there?” A disembodied voice said. As I heard it  I went into a tree silently so I could see who my partner was. It was the crying girl from before I dropped down behind her and but my blade to her neck and whispered “How did you find me? There were no tracks I made sure of that.” She replied in a very hesitant voice “ I just thought I heard something and went towards it, and now here I am can I at least see your face?” “You may see me but I will not remove my mask” I let her go then I use my semblance to send her into darkness for a minute. ‘Well she is nice and also she did somehow hear me even though I saw trying to be quite… theres something off about her. I like it.’ I realise her from the state of darkness and she is in a panicked state. “What just happened was that you?” she then looks at my mask and screams in fright. “Sorry but i wasn't sure of you were “okay” or not to just let you go and be my partner even though we already were but i just had to look you over. Yes that was my semblance and yes it does cause my mask to morph into a thing of nightmares. and for that I am sorry.” After that I do a bow in apology. She takes a moment to take in what I had said.

“What are you doing?” I look up at her and she’s given me a look of utter confusion. “Oh sorry where I come from that is a sign of apology.”

“Ho thats interesting.” With those words I am off in the direction of these “relics” I was told to go get. On the way over there it was very quiet and I was okay with this. We had finally found the ruins. “Hey, we found them” I told her. As we walked up to the relics I see none have been taken and we were the first to get there. It was because we had not even taken the time to tell each other our names.

“Chess pieces?” I take the black king piece. Now it was to get back to the cliffs where we were launched from. “Oh yea my name is Luna, Luna Geko. What is your’s?” I was surprised that she spoke but I guess I’ll have to get used to this sense we were now partners. I sigh deeply “My name is Harper Hayabusa, Yes you may have heard of my family and if you have seen us and survived I am not here to kill you just to learn at this school.” I had to make sure she was not scared by my name. “Hya what? Is that supposed to mean something?” she said with complete innocence in her eyes ‘She actually doesn't know that’s different. It’s probably better she doesn't know.’ “Well I have no idea about your last name but Harper Is a nice name at least.”

“Thank you” and with those last words we made our way back to the cliffs with no other words spoken. ‘Thank the maker I did not have to talk to her much I don’t trust anyone enough to actually talk to them about my previous “life” if you can even call it that.’