Sick Days

Hi guys! Thanks for reading! I know my chapters are short but I plan to update more often and make chapters longer!

One week later
----------------------
May is coming out of the hospital today. Her side is stitched up and she is ready to go. She is recovering well.

She will stay in a room down the hall from mine and Maxon's. We still have privacy, but we are there if she needs us.
Right now I'm laying in bed next to a sleeping Maxon. He is so precious when he sleeps. He looks younger and so peaceful.
Since I am picking May up, I need to get dressed. I pull on a lavender knee length dress. It has lacey sleeves down to the elbows. I hear a quiet knock at the door. Must be the maids, they are good at giving us privacy. I go to the door and crack it open slightly. Not much to my surprise, it's my maids.

I open the door for them to come in. By this time Maxon is up and in the shower.
"Good morning Queen America," they all three say in unison.
"Good morning Paige, Lexie, Mary."
"We have much to do," Mary says.
"Yes. There is an emergency Report today. Everyone is worried about you and Maxon. You haven't made an appearance since the wedding," Paige adds.
"Okay. Just let me get May settled and I'm all yours."
"Alright. Bye Queen America," says Mary.

"A report eh," Maxon says as he comes out of the bathroom.
"Were you listening in?" I tease back.
"I just happened to overhear. I am quite excited. First Report with you as my wife."
"Oh stop," I say with a push.
"Better go get May. I need lots of time to make this look as good as it always does," he says gesturing towards his body.
I giggle and head out the door and to the hospital wing.
-------------------------------

When we get there, we head straight to Mays recovery room. My mom is already there helping her into her wheelchair.
"Hello sunshine," I say
"Hello," she says gritting her teeth. I can see getting up and into the wheelchair is very hard. She sighs with relief when she is sitting and comfortable.
The doctor comes in and checks May before giving us the go ahead. My mom pushes her onto the elevator. We head down a few floors before we get her to the room she will be staying in. I decorated it myself. All the furniture is a nice white color with pink accents. the bed cover is floral. I included a fully stocked bookshelf so she has something to do.
We settle May in and she falls asleep right away. The medicine they had her on makes her really sleepy. It's good though, she will recover faster. I silently close her door and head back to the bedroom.
Maxon isn't in there, so I check his office. Not there either. An emergency meeting must have been called. A meeting hasn't taken place in quite a while, because of the whole wedding and May ordeal.
I head into the bedroom and decide to straighten things up a bit. My maids are in shortly.
"No worries miss, we will do it," Mary says.
"It's okay, I like it."
After this they leave me alone. They are really nice about privacy. Maxon comes in shortly after the encounter with the maids.
"We are going out. Pack a bag for at least three days," he says before exiting without another word. This is mysterious, but I'm in for the adventure.
I decide to go in the master bathroom to start the packing. When I open the door I see a all three maids are already on there.
"Eavesdropping I see," I say laughing.
"Nope. Just cleaning some things up in here. But if you happen to need a bag packed for a few days there is one right here," Paige says.
"Okay thank you guys," I say grabbing the bag.
I head back into the room and check to make sure it includes everything I need. There are seven dresses, four pairs of shoes, undergarments, a swimsuit, a few skirts, and some pant outfits. My hair things and toiletries are included too. My maids are the best. They like to overpack. By now it's time for dinner. Aspen comes to inform me that Maxon is very busy and won't be joining me. Avoiding all the questions I have I presume. I eat my dinner and then get ready to sleep. Maxon still haven't come back yet. I sit up in bed and pick a book up off the shelf. I'm lost in it for a few hours. At around midnight I hear Maxon come in.
"Be ready for tomorrow," he says as he crawls in next to me. I decide not to push the subject and turn the light off.
********************************
I wake up and see that it's still dark out. I roll over and see that it's six in the morning. My stomach starts to clench. Oh no. I run out of the room and into the bathroom. I empty the contents of my stomach into the toilet. That really came out of nowhere. Probably some bad meat or a touch of the flu. I lay on the bathroom floor for a few minutes. I puke again. Maxon hears me this time. He comes in the bathroom and sees me on the floor. He immediately pulls my hair out of my face and rubs my back without even asking questions. That's how well he knows me.
We stay like this for another hour. when I feel I can get up, I walk back to the bed. I lay down, and as soon as my head hits the pillow I'm out.
"How are you feeling?" Maxon ask the minute I open my eyes.
"Much better thank you," I say.
"Well, I think we need to take a day off work, don't you?"
"Of course your majesty," I say as I lean back on the bed. "Whatever happened with the report from yesterday?"
"Well, the crew failed to show up, but I was in meetings anyway so it all worked out."
"Oh my gosh!" I say as the realization hits me. "we were supposed to leave for your trip today! I'm so sorry."
"Its not your fault my dear. It is rescheduled for next week. No worries."
With that, we both snuggle under the covers with a good book.
•••••••••••••••••••••
The next morning I wake up around seven and the same thing as yesterday happens. That's odd. Maxon decides I should go to the doctor. We walk down tithe hospital wing together. May is in there with mother working on building her strength.
"What's wrong sweetie?" My mom asks.
"Just an upset stomach. Nothing to worry about.
"Okay, tell me what happens."
I go into the checkup room alone. Shortly after, the doctor comes in with a clipboard in hand. We makes small talk for a few minutes before getting down to business. He checks all the usual stuff, like my temperature. He then decides to run some tests and see what's going on. He leaves the room and I pick up a book on the side table. I try to get into it, but it's a murder mystery that doesn't interest me. Fortunately, the doctor come in within the next five minutes. They really are on top of things here. Maybe it's just because I'm the queen.
"Well your majesty," he says we have figured out the problem.