The Wedding

It's time.

I am super nervous. I wanted to keep it small, but that's pretty hard when you are about to become Queen. All of the selected girls are attending, except for Celeste. I miss her so much. She might have even been a third bridesmaid.

Standing here is making me think. I am so excited but nervous for my future. Maxon and I already agreed not to have kids for at least a year so we can get used to all the aspects of being King and Queen. What if I don't like being royal? I can't just say no. Besides, I really love Maxon. We will make it all work.

"Nervous?" Kenna says coming up and disrupting my daydream.

"Um, totally. Not only am I getting married but I'm becoming queen too," I say.

"I know that we aren't in the same position, but it's not that bad. Once you get up with Maxon, everything will be so much better."

"Thanks," I say gratefully.

I'm so glad that Kenna and I have become closer. I really need her there for me right now.

I now realize that I'm shaking. May is ecstatic. She loves all the attention. She'll be better than me at being royal.

Now it's really time. The music begins and May is being ushered to the door. She begins to walk down the aisle with confidence. I wish I had confidence like that. Next, it's Kenna. She is so graceful. The last person is Marlee. she mouths good luck and winks right before she begins to walk.

Now it's me. All eyes are in me. I put a smile in my face and the guards open the doors.

When he sees me, Maxon's face lights up. I smile even bigger. It's all real.

We join hands and say our vows. The rest of the ceremony goes perfectly. I didn't mess up once unless you count sneezing in the middle of the ring exchange. After the wedding part, we become the King and Queen. I am so happy.

After the ceremony we take a ton if pictures. I sware that my smile is glued to my face. I'm so happy it doesn't even matter.

When the pictures are done, Maxon and I have a little time to ourselves before the reception.

We join in his room.
"My beautiful bride," he says with a smile playing on his lips as he scoops me up and carries me in his arms.

"I love you so much my husband."
It feels so weird saying husband and being called wife. I love it and I am so happy. This has been the best day of my life.

"Well, my bride, we should freshen up and get down to the reception. We cannot be late."

I go to the bathroom and fix my hair and makeup slightly. I stay in the same dress. my maids wanted to make me another dress and they almost talked me into it, but in the end I said no.

I exit the bathroom and I see Maxon curled up in a ball crying silently.