-1-

//immortalanex
\\trigger warning: mentions of suicide and self harm
••
an | This is part 1 of part 2, so part 2 will be out tomorrow or later tonight c:

-

Aleks was a teenage tragedy to everyone around him and Kevin was the lovable boy who could cure anyone with a simple smile towards them. These two were polar opposites, but you know what they say: opposites almost always attract.

Aleksandr wasn't always this sad. He used to be one full of love and full of life. He had many friends, a warm household with a kind family, and an amazing school. The Russian boy was in love with life fully, and then the news was broke to him on that tragic day.

They were moving.

Out of Russia and to Colorado.

That was pretty far for Aleksandr, and that's when it hit him; he was leaving his home, his friends, and everything behind. His heart tore in half.

Whenever they had got to Colorado, Aleks would ignore his parents and his sister. He didn't dare speak when he was put into Littleton high school and he hated everyone. Then, the worst imaginable happened.

His family broke.

Aleks' father declared his love for another woman and left with a mere 'fuck you' and left the family to break. His mom developed heavy depression and gained a bipolar disorder, in which she didn't try to help. Aleks' sister went out more often to avoid the heavy atmosphere in the house and often slept around with guys. Aleks was left by himself; both at home and at school. He started bringing razors to his wrist and cigarettes to his lips. Anything to get the pain out of his mind.

Aleksandr often thought and dreamt of suicide. He wrote notes about his death and how he'd die, then he'd crumple them and shove them underneath his bed, where he was sure no one would find them.

The Russian teen went to school each day with long sleeves and jeans. He'd have a cigarette hanging out of his mouth while he waited for the bus and after he got out of school. He'd go home and contemplate suicide, then just go to drink away the world.

Whenever Aleks moved to the school, Kevin didn't take much of a second glance towards the foreign exchange student. Sure, he had some classes with the quiet dude, but that was it. Kevin was too busy with his friends and popularity that he couldn't put the effort up to notice Aleks fully.

Until one winter day; December 3rd.

In Kevin's chemistry class, they had been assigned new seats in class before Christmas break came up. The raven haired male was put in the back and Aleks was seated in front of him. His brown, poofy hair was an obstacle to see over, but Kevin knew he'd manage.

While the teacher lectured the class on bullshit that Kevin didn't care about, he looked down and noticed Aleksandr scratching softly at the bottom of his wrist. His sleeve pulled up slightly and that's when Kevin saw it; the red lines strewn across his wrist.

It made his heart drop to the floor and his world explode. He didn't even know Aleks, yet he swore the whole class could hear the shattering of his heart and his small intake of breath as his eyes couldn't leave Aleks' sleeved wrist.

Once class ended, everyone was shouting and laughing as they headed to lunch. Kevin would usually go to his locker and meet his friends, but today was different; he needed to talk to Aleksandr. It was going to eat him alive if he didn't make this boy happy again.

If he ever was happy, that is.

So the Asian male grabbed Aleks' shoulder and made him turn around. Kevin could feel his heart against his chest and he suddenly felt his words stuck in his throat like a rock; it was almost impossible to speak.

"I- um, do you need something?" The teen in front of Kevin spoke quietly and there was a slight hint of an accent that sent Kevin's heart to the clouds.

He swallowed and nodded. "Yeah, I- yeah, I noticed something, um," Kevin pointed to Aleks' covered wrist and felt immensely sad for the boy in front of him. "I saw your cuts," it was hard for Kevin to get that out, but he managed and swallowed the large lump in his throat.

Once the words left the Asian's mouth, Aleks' world seemed to stop and time froze. He couldn't possibly speak, for someone had finally seen his markings and said something to him about it.

And with that, Aleks broke down and Kevin pulled him in.
-