Chapter 19.

Pain struck in my head as my eyes slowly opened. My room was bathed in light, making my eyes squint back together to the darkness. Too many things happened yesterday. All the dancing, the talking. And the drinking. I barely knew how I ended back in bed, but I bet it was Jack who had to carry me home. My mouth twitched at the thought of me and Lexi being the same person for the Halloween party. My eyes closed, I remembered Alex' Jack Skellington costume. He had easily been the hottest person in the room. He definitely stood out in a crowd. I stretched my hands up in the air feeling my body crack from not moving in a while. There was a knock on my door and before I could answer, Ava burst through it. She was carrying a tiny tray in her hand and put it on my night stand. It contained a glass of orange juice, some dry toast and pain killers. How charming.

"Morning", I mumbled quickly swallowing the pills so I could munch on the bread.

My stomach was not feeling too great.

"Wow the Danes really do party hard. You wouldn't have done 90% of what you did last night had you been sober. I like drunk you". She smiled widely and I moved so she could sit next to me in the bed.

"This is why I hate drinking", I groaned holding the side of my head.

"You totally put Alex in his place. Never thought you'd go for his brother though".

The comment made freeze. "What?".

"you know what I mean! Kissing PJ like that in front of Alex. He was so jealous", she laughed but stopped when she looked at my shocked face.

"Wait. You don't remember?! Oh my god this is golden!". She turned to me, excitement clearly in her face.

"No. No I don't. What did I do Ava!".

And then she threw us both into the story of everything that happened last night. My mouth gaped open from disbelief.

"Alex was so pissed that he left the living room, without saying a thing to Lexa who was all smug about you and PJ. It was so entertaining. Right until Jack decided you were too drunk and we got you home".

This was a disaster. I kissed PJ?! PJ that I had been trying to avoid since I got here? Was Alex really jealous? He was still with Lexa.
My mind was going into overdrive and I hadn't even noticed Jack entering the room.

"You have a visitor", He said, wiggling his eyebrows and smirked.

Alex. I climbed out of the bed in a heartbeat not caring that jack was in the room before grabbing a robe and running down the stairs. What was I supposed to tell him? Sorry for kissing his brother? I didn't mean it? I didn't even remember it? Or would that make it worse? But when I opened the door it wasn't Alex. It was PJ. Disappointment washed over me as he smiled luckily not noticing.

"Morning Maya". I greeted him back and his smile grew.

"A lot happened last night".

"Listen I- ", I started but he stopped me.

"Do you maybe want to go on a date with me tomorrow?".

He sounded confident. I looked at him like he had grown two heads. In reality I couldn't even blame him. I was the one that had kissed him in my drunken state. I let my eyes wander. He didn't look bad. And what did I have to lose? Alex was off limits. But could I really do this?

"I don't know..." I trailed off, trying to find an excuse. Being on my period wouldn't be a good excuse would it?

"Come on Maya! Take a chance on me", he was pleading with me.