No Way Out

Nathan had done everything in his power to keep the girl safe. He didn't want to disappoint his friend. Actually, it was his idea for Dimitri to take a few days to cool off. If he hadn't, Nathan knew there probably would have been a murder. He had known Dimitri from a youth, growing up together and he was familiar with his temper.

Nevertheless, the two were raised at different homes. Dimitri was raised by a wealthy family who supported him, whereas Nathan grew up as an orphan. Dimitri took him under his wing and supported him like a brother so he owed him gratitude, hence the reason, whatever the job, Nathan would do it for Dimitri. Over the years, Dimitri had gained his trust and loyalty as a friend. The two had been buddies for such a long time that most people believed that they were brothers. 

What set them apart was the fact that Dimitri had a mane of raven black hair while he was blond. Their built, however, was similar. Nathan was relieved to hear that Dimitri was back though. He too needed a little time off from his duty. It was very difficult to keep Siwhetta under lock and key as she spent a lot of time trying to convince him why he should take her to the plantation. Due to loyalty to his friend, Nathan ignored her pleas and refused to break his word. He remembered when he told her that his lordship had left Danesworth estate. Her features had radiated insurmountable joy. 

She would spend most of her time humming melodies while weaving or performing some other task. Now, as he stared at her breaking the news of her master's return that morning her delightful expression became suffused with inexplicable terror and despair. He had spent most of that day looking in on her, observing that she had stayed in bed all morning. Pitifully, Nathan realised that she was scared of Dimitri. He chuckled at the thought, knowing very well that his friend would not harm her, if only she knew, he took care of what belonged to him. Despite all of the charges made about Dimitri, his friend was no tyrant to women, especially when he cared for them. He usually tried to please them.

He watched his friend approach him now. They embraced, grinning. Dimitri sat on a stool, "You look tired." Then chuckled, "Was she a problem?"

Nathan lied, "Actually, her company was quite good. I think she feels really bad."

Appalled, Dimitri searched his friend's face knowing that he was covering up for Siwhetta. He groaned, "You too have fallen under her spell." He dismissed Nathan with a wave of his hand trying his best to keep a straight face. "I think you have done enough so far.''

Nathan nodded but didn't reply. He hesitated, hoping his best friend would say more. He opened his mouth to comment but instead walked away. He had learnt the hard way to keep his opinions to himself when it came to Dimitri's personal life. He only shared his views when it was demanded of him. Though he wished his friend would be a little gentler with her, he chose not to say anything. He shrugged then proceeded to the kitchen whistling an English ballad.

***

Though Siwhetta was confined in a room for days, she had to admit that she had never felt so free. Dimitri had finally left her alone for some time now and she was assured that he would not be back until he had settled some business affairs. Now, being told of his return, she was disappointed. She stared at the door despondently, fearing he might barge in at any moment. She prayed that he would not come to look for her and, as she wished, she didn't see him until sunset.

That evening, there he was, standing at her door, dominating everything around him proud as a god with a wickedly seductive smile. He was dressed devilishly handsome in black breeches, dark brown knee-high boots, grey tunic loosely clad on his strong chest. Her breath caught in the back of her throat. She closed her eyes as she imagined the bed swallowing her up. She watched as he moved towards her, eyes intense with desire. Siwhetta knew what he wanted.

Slowly Dimitri undressed. His hungry eyes never leaving hers as he sat next to her. Then he attempted to kiss her. Immediately, she turned away from him.

Annoyed, he silently looked down at her lovely features under the light which radiated from the only lamp burning on the desk in the room. He ran his thumb over her cheek tenderly then jerked her chin towards him still looking straight into her almond-shaped eyes. "Did anyone dare touch you?'

Exasperated, Siwhetta drawled, "No master."

Dimitri cringed, "My name is not master. I don't like to be called that. I am no slave owner!"

She cried out in frustration between clench teeth and shouted, pushing him,

"Yes, you are and I hate you!"

Stunned by her behavior, Dimitri kissed her hard. She tried to push him away but he forced her lips open and delved his tongue inside her mouth with overwhelming desire until she stopped fighting him. He gently lay her down under him.

"Do you still hate me?" he hissed as he kissed her softly on the neck.

She looked away, hurt, "What did you do with Kee?"

Dimitri stopped, suddenly upset that she would talk about him then. He bit icily, "Whatever I do with him is none of your concern."

Furious, Siwhetta bellowed, slammed her hands on his naked chest, "You are just like them!" Bewildered, Dimitri frowned. Siwhetta continued heatedly, "Just like your family. They are slave owners and you are no different. It makes you feel better when people are in chains and beaten to work. It gives you some kind of pleasure to see my people suffer. And you want me to freely give you my body, never!" she shrieked. "You can take my body but I will never give you my heart!"

Dimitri looked down quietly at her in alarm. Speechless, he sighed. When he finally spoke, his voice was uncompromisingly hard, "Fine, I will take your body."

Sobbing Siwhetta allowed him to touch her. He kissed her all over, possessed and caressed every part of her and slowly made her want him too. He would not let her get away with what she said. He knew that she was fighting her feelings for him, thus he continued to drive her insane with sweet kisses. Not long thereafter, she too yearned for his touch. "Say my name," he whispered in her ear. Siwhetta did not. He hissed, "Say my name, dammit!"

Siwhetta called out his name so sweetly that Dimitri lost every fibre of control and began to make wild, passionate love to her, so much so that she begged for more until she came to a climax, shaking with relief.

Helplessly, Dimitiri heaved, confessing his care for her as he too reached a mind-blowing peak. Siwhetta froze under him in shock. She looked up at his face but the moment was already gone. She rolled over to her side, her heart racing.

He sighed then sat up, giving her his back. He couldn't believe he said that, but he knew she was longing to know and he just wanted to tell her that he wished he could stop the storm around her. If he had the power, he would have stopped it all. He felt her hand trailing on the small of his back. She asked quietly, "You care?''

He didn't reply; she waited. The silence was long, "Yes, I do. I care about you, Siwhetta. I wish I could change your world."

She exhaled deeply, "So, you...?"

Dimitri stood up facing her, "But I can't." His voice was firm.

She now stared blankly at the flame burning in the lamp.

He started explaining to her that he didn't come here to stay and was just a passer-by but nothing mattered to Siwhetta. All she knew right then was that she had no hope. His voice became faint. She watched indifferently as he pulled on his clothing and left the room. She failed to hear the bolting of the door.