Chapter 9 - Are We Something?

'Please no!' Is the words that pulled me from my sleep. I looked over at Phil who had wrapped himself up to make himself as small as possible. 'Dad stop your killing him, no please!' I began to shake him, making him quiver in and out of the dream world and reality.

'Dan!' He breathed. As his body wrapped around mine, as I practically sat on top of him. His breathing slowed down, but I could tell he was still feeling on edge.

'Are you ok? Cin?' I placed with his wavy hair, waiting for him to speak.

'It was just a really bad dream.' He shivered.

'It's ok.' I whispered, leaning back down and cuddling into his chest. 'I'm here.'
-
I awoke to a snoring Phil beside me. He had spooned my in the night making me the smaller. I entwined my fingers in one of his hands, making him mumble something and his breathing quicken. I decided not to mention his nightmare. He was probably embarrassed and still a little shake up from it.

'Oh- bear.' He groaned, tightening our hands and placing his head on my neck.

'Morning.' I giggled. Rubbing my thumb against his hand.

'I don't want to move, can we stay like this all day, please.' He breathed. Making me shiver at his soft touch.

'Come on! We get to explore the Alps!'

'What's that? I wanna stay here. Maybe tomorrow.' He joked, his body slowly moving from me.

'Wait!' I practically screamed from the suddenly coldness touching my back. 'Ten more minutes.' Forced him back into bed by turning around and sideways spooning him. Having one leg either side of his facing upward body an arm sliding under his neck and the other across his front.

'Fine.' He groaned, I kissed his cheek quickly making his eyes raise. I smiled in response, although I knew my face was burning red.

-

We walked out the hotel room, both fully changed. As I walked past Peej's room he walked out. I asked phil to go on and he nodded.

'Hey Peej.' I tried to get his attention,

'Alright.' He didn't seem interested.

'Why are you mad at me?'

'Your best friends with the fucking enemy man. You know how much grief he caused me!' He rolled his eyes as we reached where the elevators where. When we walked into one, Phil was still in there. I looked at Peej who stared at me then to Phil.

After what felt like a decade we got off the lift and made our way to the reception, over half the class had arrived including Tyler. We sat over with him, but I kept watching Peej. He didn't seem happy with Chris. Like something was wrong, did they have a fight again? They always seem too.

'Bear?' Phil muttered.

'Huh?'

'Well... Bear.. We are saying when our birthdays are, when's yours?' Tyler smirked.

'Two weeks time, 19th.' I nodded.

'Shit we need to get him a present.' Phil looked at Tyler.

'We could give him our shoes?' Tyler joked.

'Only one of each shoe. So he can have a part of both of us!' Phil tried to sound deep.

'Please no warn shoes.'

'Picky.'

We got instructed that we are going snowboarding today. Which was obviously going to go wrong. We got given safety equipment and told exactly what to do, once ready we all head up the skislope using the elevator. From the top we got told to go down the other side of the hill which was the area for snow boarding.

It was fun despite falling a lot. Once finished we went for lunch and spent the afternoon writing up what we had done so far and then going out for our on dinner.

'Is Tyler coming with us for dinner?' I prayed he would say no.

'Think so.' Phil mumbled.

'Oh ok.'

'Why?'

'No reason.' Inside I felt disappointed, I wanted an evening alone with Phil, as much as that is selfish.

'How about tomorrow.' Phil walked over to me and rested his chin on my shoulder, whispering the next. 'We spend a night in out hotel room, just the two of us, a bottle of wine or something, some tacky fast food?' He rubbed circles in my back as he spoke about something I thought I would only ever dream of doing, I smiled up to him, and he took it as a silent yes by nodding back to me.

The dinner with Tyler was alright, but they mainly just chatted to each other.

'Bye Tyler!' Phil did his last wave before we got into the elevator to our floor. The lift ride fell to comfortable silence, and we walked along then hall to our room, I got the card out, swiping it and we both scurried in. I instantly turned on the TV as Phil walked to take the first shower. After I had a quick one and came out to Phil already in bed, watching something on TV.

'I found an English Channel!' He laughed. As I walked over and climbed in next to him. 'Bear?'

'Mhmm.' I mumbled, closing my eyes.

'Are you ok?'

'Just sleepy.' I whispered.

'You seemed annoyed at dinner, did I do something?'

'No, I just felt like I was third wheeling you and Tyler's bromantic date!' I laughed.

'Oh, bear.' He mumbled, before wrapping his arms around me. Forcing me to cuddle him, not that I had any issues with that. 'Your my favourite person in the entire world, your my teddy bear.' He pecked my forehead.

'Bestfriends for life.' I mumbled.

'Yeh...' He sounded a little down. But I was too sleepy to comment on it. About ten minutes later and I had almost dozed off, but Phil's voice pulled me back into reality.

'I love you, my little teddy bear.' He whispered, kissing my forehead and cheeks, before snuggling down into me.

'I love you too.' I whispered, his body tensed, but quickly relaxed again as we both fell into abyss. Ready for the next day.