5 ⤃

Malai hated this

Malai hated this.

It was uncomfortable.

She was seated outside at some expensive in between her parents while another set of parents and their son sat across from her.

"So Malai Wongsaraya," her father said as Malai had to make a mental note to not completely devour the whole meal in five seconds. Why did this small piece of steak cost the same as her rent?!

"Malai," her mother snapped.

"Sorry," she mumbled as she swallowed her food, the boy across from her looking at Malai in a mixture of horror and fascination.

"As I was saying," her dad sighed, "this is Lee Taeyong and his parents from South Korea. They want to become a small wing off of our company as they are going bankrupt. Of course the next generations of the companies are within you and Taeyong. Taeyong in the future will be your business partner."

Malai glanced at Taeyong who seemed perfectly fine with this.

It irked her how some people had a choice while others didn't. She didn't.

The rest of the lunch she ate in silence, the other four people at the table talking about stuff in business of which she could care less about.

She just wanted to be a free lance artist.

Why was that such a disappointment?

On the way back to her apartment she couldn't help but decide to make the most irrational decision of her life.

She walked in and immediately started looking at plane tickets. She looked at apartments and found one.

She was going to do it.

She was leaving.

Fuck you Preeda and Mongkut.

"Prasong," she said over the phone.

"What's up het?"

"I'm doing it," she said smiling. "I'm running."

"About time," he laughed, "don't worry about me I'll be fine. I'm 13. The fact they don't trust a thirteen year old is astounding. You practically raised me when you were 13."

Malai sighed.

"Yeah."

"But one thing," her little brother said. "You have to let me dye your hair."

She grinned.

"Deal."

Our girls growing some guts.

Do you think I'm moving this too slow or too fast?