25 ⤃

The plane ride was a complete mess

Malai has to hold tears in the whole time while Byungchul kisses up to her mother.

Malai couldn't even reach out to Ten as her mom had taken away her phone.

When they landed the media was there.

"Malai put a smile on," her mother snapped, "we took care of the media but they are still expecting your arrival. Put this hat on to cover your hair to cover up the color until we can find someone to fix it."

"Mother," Malai stammered, "lots of famous people have colored hair though!"

Her mother glared at her, Malai flenching back.

"Those people are trash," she said, "asking for attention. Your classy, and attention comes to you, now cover up!"

Malai put the hat on and pulled her hair through the loop in the back of the hat. She put the glasses on and hugged the cardigan over herself more as she dragged her carry on off the private jet and into the airport.

Almost immediately she was flanked by bodyguards, earpieces and body cams on them to make sure she didn't try to run.

She wasn't going to be going anywhere.

As she grabbed her luggage she could see the swarm of people already waiting, more body guards guarding them off from swarming the whole place.

Malai looked down as the cameras started flashing.

One guard looked down at her in pity, he quickly used his body to move in front of her a little more so the flashes wouldn't bother her as much.

She quickly recognized this guard as one of the younger ones.

He had joined last year, but quickly picked up on the toxic environment inside the Wongsaraya family. He quickly became the only guard that tried to help Malai out, make her more comfortable in any way he could.

"Thanks Changmin," she whispered as reporters screamed at her mom her walked behind her with Byungchul, the two's eyes glued to Malai's back.

"Ms. Malai Wongsaray," one reporter yelled, "where did you go? Is it true you ran away?!"

Malai looked up a piece of purple hair falling out of her cap as she saw reporters staring at only her.

She was the center of the show.

This was a first.

Normally she would be mentioned, but as she thought about it she realized the public really didn't know what she looked like.

She looked up at Changmin, his eyes glued to the hoard of people trying to get closer to Malai, the other body guard simply doing his job.

Malai inhaled and whipped off her hat, her ponytail getting caught in it and being ripped out.

The cameras started flashing more.

"Wongsaraya Malai," a woman yelled, "who did your hair?"

"Is that a real lip peircing?!"

She could feel her mother's glare behind her, but at the moment; that didn't matter.

What mattered was that the news finally saw her, and as long as she could help it... they would see her as her.

Not the person her parents tried to make.

So uhm I never realized how much people actually liked my writing until now...?

I'm like strangely honored and kinda like confused but it's lit ig?