Hello

I took off in a sprint towards home carrying Madara in my arms. Even if physically we were the same age the boy was still bigger than I and required the use of my chakra to lift him.

I hopped back over my fence and hurried inside my home before I dumped him on my bed upstairs. Then I placed my Shosen glowing hands over his chest and forehead, immediately sending in soothing chakra to reduce his fever. It didn't take long to find what was causing him to be so sick: an advanced case of bronchitis. Though it had been a long time since I had seen such advancement of the disease as it was almost eradicated in my previous life by Tsunade.

My chakra urged his body temperature to return to normal and I cleaned up the mucus build up in his chest, lungs, and sinuses. Then I repaired the surprisingly extensive lung tissue damage and brought down as much of the swelling that I could.

'When treating such advanced bacteria or viruses the doctor needs to increase white blood cell count,' I thought. 'I'll have to monitor to make sure I don't trigger an autoimmune response, but his body needs to naturally exterminate any remainder of the disease that I can't find.'

I manipulated my chakra and enveloped his entire body in it. While it looked chakra intensive, increasing white blood cell count actually was not. It required no more chakra than using the chakra scalpel, but it did require extreme concentration and experienced hands. Only senior iryo-nin or doctors would risk doing such, and only in extreme cases.

Normally we would simply prescribe medicine, but the medicine did not exist, yet.

Within ten minutes, though, I had doubled his white blood cell count and I knew he would be okay.

'Fever, check. Lung damage, check. Mucus, check. White blood cells, check.'

With a relieved smile, I withdrew my hands.

Madara's breathing had become easier and his face peaceful. I pulled the blankets over him while I headed down stairs to make some herbal tea for him to take when he woke up. I even had a little honey still to add into to make it sweeter for the young boy.

I put on the kettle, letting the water heat up over the fireplace downstairs, and then I headed back up to check on him. He continued to sleep without a fuss, and I pulled up a chair beside my bed and patiently waited.

About fifteen minutes later Madara's eyes creaked open and he blearily looked around before they settled on me. Then his entire body froze and he abruptly sat up. "Who are you? Where am I? Wh—"

Madara stopped talking and his hands flew to his chest and he took a deep breath. "I-I can breathe again?"

I smiled at him with affection. "Hello. I'm Hatake Sasori, a doctor for the nearby village. You passed out near my home, so I brought you back and healed you. How do you feel?"

Madara's eyes were as wide as a doe's. "Y-You healed me? Why? How?"

"I'm a doctor," I told him. "I took a vow to help all I came across, no matter who they are."

"Help me," he blurted out. "My okaa-san is sick! My family is really sick. I came out to find herbs, but the snow ruined everything and I—please. You have to come back with me."

"Of course," I responded immediately. "Let me grab some herbs. Are you well enough to walk? Do you need any water?"

"I'm fine," he insisted. "We have to hurry."