#10: Deep Inside

Zacznij od początku

"Even the way you drink your tea is very ladylike. You must have had the best teacher", Eleanor praised. The raven head looked away and remembered being locked in a room by her mother to perfect her social etiquette. "Oops. I need to take a toilet break", Eleanor stood up and left.

"She means the lavatory", Claudia clarified.

"Pardon me, I also have some matters to attend to. Claudia, you are two years older than Eleanor. She's gotten more ignorant than before. Your protection for her when she might become the Empress will be rewarded", Aileen stood up.

"Even without being told of that, I feel like I wanted to protect her", Claudia smiled. 

If not because of her, you will still be locked in that dark room. 

Aileen returned a weak smile.

I must have eaten a lot of cakes. Why am I smiling in front of my opponent?

Palace
Office of the Crown Prince

Papers are piled on his table. "You'd be needing someone to help you with these. Why don't you make your choice already? Lady Aileen seems to be a responsible woman. Plus, she's the daughter of the Chancellor. Her studying must have been rough as well", Liam suggested.

"You may start looking into the papers if you have spare time to open your mouth", Xylan said without looking at his aid.

"Or~ are you considering someone else?", Liam hummed and thought of Eleanor.

"If you won't shut up, I'm going to keep you busy for the next weeks that you won't have time to go home", Xylan threatened. "Don't do that. I want to see my brothers and sisters", Liam whined.

"Regarding Lady Eleanor's request to be part of the Council. What do you think about that?", Liam opened. "She is free to do whatever she wants. The Chancellor is already considering it. He said it was a good way to open a new era for the nobles. Most of the members of the Council are coming from the nobles but the merchant factions are also trying to enter", Xylan remembered.

Green House

Charles entered and saw Keanne sitting and taking his tea. He was just silent and lost in a deep thought. 

Just a year ago, his position as the Crown Prince was forfeited because Xylan reached his coming of age

Just a year ago, his position as the Crown Prince was forfeited because Xylan reached his coming of age. All his life, he prepared to play the role of the Emperor. That is why he was burdened with such expectations at a young age. But then, he was just the Queen's son. All this time, it was planned for him to be a replacement and play the role of Crown Prince the meantime to protect the Empress' son

It was he who was poisoned ever since he was a child. He was the one who had been continuously the target of those who wished for the Empire to crumble.

After being crowned as the Crown Prince, Xylan had it all, even Eleanor. He clenched his fist and bit his lips. He shouldn't be feeling that way because Xylan is his half-brother. But then, all he felt this time was that he was just a useless trash thrown out because he lost his purpose.

"Your Highness, it's time for your practice. The Emperor had assigned me to be your sparing partner", Charles bowed.

"Sparing. So, I am going to continue wielding the sword", Keane chuckled then placed the cup on the table.

"He's just looking for a way to get rid of me", Keane had an expression in his eyes that showed anger. Charles felt uncomfortable with the intimidating aura Keanne made that time. "Commander Charles, I will put my life on the line in this training. Will you please train me so that I would be able to survive this throne game? ", Keane smirked.

"There is no need for you to be worried, your highness. The first squad was created for the security of the royal family", Charles knelt.

Keane kicked the table beside him. "Security of the Royal Family?! Are you kidding me? Everyone in this place is trying to have me killed", Keane clenched his fist.

I never saw this part of the Prince. Where did that innocent boy go?

"Ah~ Commander, I wasn't just able to sleep... Keep this a secret for Ellie", Keanne went back to those innocent smiles.

"Also, why don't we do the training in your house, Commander?", Keanne hummed.

Chapter end.