25

"Hi, Jackie," Caitlin said entering her mom's workplace.

"Hey, Caitlin," her mother's receptionist replied. "Long time no see, here to see your mother?"

"Yeah, is she busy right now?"

"She is in a meeting, but you're welcome to wait in the coffee room near her office, she'll be out in a bit," Jackie replied. "Oh, and who's this?" she said looking over her desk to see little Melony hiding behind her mother's legs.

"Oh, this is Melony," Caitlin replied.

"Well, I'm sure we have some hot cocoa up there too."

"Thank you," Caitlin smiled and went up to the coffee room.

.................................................

"Mommy, why are we here?" Melony asked as she sipped on her hot cocoa.

"We're here to see your grandmother," Caitlin responded stirring her coffee.

"I have a grandmother too?" Melony said excitedly. "I thought there was just Papa Joe."

Caitlin smiled, at least someone was excited about this interaction. A few minutes later, Caitlin saw her mother walk out of a meeting room.

"Tell them I want those files completed by the end of the day no later, they've had enough extensions," Carla said to an employee who followed her out. She then entered her office and shut the door.

"Alright, let's go, snowflake," Caitlin said, holding Mel's hand as they walked to Carla's office.

Caitlin took a deep breath as she approached the door.

"Alright you stay here and I'll bring you in when I'm done talking to her, okay?" Caitlin said to Mel, in which she was replied with a nod of her head.

Caitlin then knocked on the door and slowly entered.

"I told you no more extensions," Carla said not looking up from her desk.

"Mom," Caitlin said, catching her attention.

"Oh. Caitlin, it's you. What has it been six or seven years," she responded passive-aggressively.

"Nice to see you too, mom," Caitlin replied.

"What do you need now?"

"What are you talking about?" Caitlin asked.

"I mean you only come to me when you need help. What is it this time?"

"I can't just come to visit mother?"

"Caitlin, it's been six years with no phone call, no text, no letter. So what do you need? Money, help on a study, with your powers?"

"No, mom I-" Caitlin began before Carla cut her off.

"Is it something with your daughter?"

"Wait, what... how do you know?"

"I'm a doctor, Caitlin. Do you think after six years of no contact from my daughter I would do nothing? I called my friends at Mercury Labs who said that you had left Star Labs a few years ago. It wasn't hard to track down a medical record of a Caitlin Snow giving birth to a 7.2 lbs, 17.5-inch baby girl at Midway General Hospital."

"If you knew, why didn't you?-"

"Why would I do anything? You clearly didn't want me apart of your life. You didn't tell me you got married, not even that you got pregnant. So again, Caitlin why are you here?"

"Look I'm sorry I didn't tell you or come see you and I have no excuse to justify what I did, but I'm here now and I'm sorry. I just wanted to come to see my mother, I don't want things to be this way anymore. After having my daughter, I have experienced nothing but happiness and love and I want to try to fix things with you so we could have that again."