20

Driving over to Joe's house, Caitlin laughed, as Cisco turned up the radio as he and Mel sand or rather screamed along to the lyrics of Sia's Chandelier.

"Okay, okay," Caitlin said turning down the volume, "we're almost there, I don't want to deal with two kids who've lost their voices tomorrow."

Cisco grinned and looked back at Mel. "We can finish our little karaoke session back home. k?"

Melony smiled and nodded back to her Uncle.

Cisco smiled and handed Mel his phone to occupy her until they arrived.

"So how are you doing?" Cisco asked, turning back around to Caitlin.

"I'm fine. Why are you asking?" She replied.

"Cait..."

"Okay, I'm a bit nervous. But that seems expected, right?" Caitlin admitted. "I don't know why."

"Well, don't worry," Cisco replied, "there's nothing to worry about. We're a team, a family."

Caitlin took a deep breath and nodded as she pulled into Joe's driveway.

...........................

"Hi, Uncle Barry!" Melony exclaimed and hugged him, as Barry opened up the door to welcome them in.

"Hey! Happy to see you again," Barry smiled, picking up Mel for a piggyback ride. "Everyone is in the living room."

Caitlin and Cisco followed him in and were greeted by Joe, Cecile, and Iris.

"Welcome guys," Joe said as he set down placemats for dinner.

"Make yourself at home," added Cecile.

Barry lowered himself so that Melony could hop off, but then she ran and hid quickly behind Caitlin.

"This must be Melony," Iris said softly, noticing the small child hiding behind her mother. Melony was a hyper outgoing kid, but when it came to meeting a big group of people she became much more introverted.

Caitlin lowered herself down to her daughter and said, "it's okay, these are all mommy's friends." She softly nudged Mel forward.

Iris kneeled down and held her hand out to Mel, who was slowly making her way towards her.

"Hi Mel, I'm your Aunty Iris. Your mom and uncle have told me a lot of great things about you."

"Really?!"

"Yeah, Cisco tells me you love singing and that you're great at it. I'd love to hear it someday."

"Ooo! Can we do karaoke together?! I love karaoke!" Melony asked excitedly.

Iris laughed, "of course I'd love too, maybe after dinner."

"I have a machine in the car!" Cisco exclaimed, before running out to get it.

"I thought I told him not to put that into the car, sorry," Caitlin said, causing everyone to let out a laugh.

As Iris led Melony to the table to meet Joe and Cecile, Caitlin watched as Mel interacted with them.

What was I worried about? This is going fine and they love her. Technically they're still Savitar's family, but also Barry's... and Iris is technically her aunt and stepmom... ugh god... Caitlin thought. Ugh, stop! She reprimanded herself. We're Team Flash, they're my family too. Stop thinking too much about it, Caitlin.

"Hey," Barry said, snapping Caitlin out of her thoughts. "You good?"

"Yeah," Caitlin smiled, "just... happy to be back home, that's all."

"Okay," Barry smiled, before joining the rest of the group.

..................................

The night finally came to an end. Melony fell asleep on the couch after a few karaoke songs and everyone began to help clean up and head home. Cisco carried out Melony to the car while Caitlin gathered her things. While she headed for the door, Joe walked with her.

"Caitlin," he said, catching up to her. "I just, want to say how great it is to have you back."

"Thank you, Joe," Caitlin smiled.

"And, umm, if you or Melony need anything- I mean anything, I'm here," Joe added.

"Thank you, Joe. I'm sure Melony will be happy to hear that from her Papa Joe," Caitlin replied, earning an ecstatic smile from Joe.

.....................................

"Alright," Cisco yawned walking into the living room, "Mel's tucked in bed and I think I'm ready to call it a night. You sure you don't want to take the bed, I don't mind sleeping on the couch."

"No, it's fine," Caitlin replied, "I don't feel tired anyway."

"Is everything all right?" Cisco asked.

"Yeah, it is. I think I just need to take a walk," She said, standing up.

"Okay, see you in the morning."

.......................................

Caitlin grabbed her jacket and began strolling down the street. It had been a while since she had time to just take a walk. She couldn't remember the last time she had time to herself that didn't involve job hunting or wallowing while watching soap dramas.

As Caitlin turned a corner she felt someone grab her and pull her into the alleyway.

.......................

"Norvak!" Caitlin yelled, turning her hair white. "I thought I told you to scram before I froze your-"

"I'm not here to threaten you kid, Frosty" he cut her off.

"Then what do you want?"

"We have a common enemy, Amunet got out of Iron Heights," he replied.

"How? That place is meta proof ever since Star Labs installed the meta-human cells."

"Your forgetting Amunet has disciples everywhere, especially the evil metas in Central City."

"Okay, so she's out."

"You're forgetting who she is. Those metas who broke her out, they're her new roadies not us anymore. And no one who quit working for Amunet lives to tell the tale. We both left her, we're both at the top of her list."

"Let that bitch come," Caitlin replied. "I'd love to get a swing at her after what she did."

"She knows our weaknesses, Frost. Your daughter, you really think she wouldn't touch her."

"I didn't think you cared."

"I don't," Norvak replied. "I have a little sister, she goes to CCU and thinks I died in the particle accelerator explosion."

"And Amunet uses her against you," Caitlin slowly realized.

"So again, we have a common enemy," Norvak repeated.

"What's your plan?"

"All of the alloy shards were confiscated when she was first arrested except the stash she hid away in case something like this happened."

"You wanna get to it before she does."

"Without those shards she's powerless," Norvak added. "So you in or not?" He asked. Caitlin bit her lip as she contemplated.

______________________________________
Comments?/Votes?/Notes?