Running on Revenge

They'd been found.

Jeralt's would-have-been murderers had been located in the dark forest. Edelgard had just told her this fact, and now, Byleth held her powerful Sword of the Creator's handle in it's sheath. It was time for vengeance.

"No. I cannot allow this," Rhea approached Byleth with a stern look, but frankly, Byleth didn't care what Rhea had to say about it. She didn't feel safe here anymore, but Claude's little spiel about him wanting her to stay had somehow convinced her. Between him and Edelgard (though, Byleth was still slighted by Edelgard's words) Byleth simply couldn't leave them behind.

"You can't stop me," Byleth narrowed her teal eyes, placing one hand on her hip in irritation. Edelgard stood beside her with conviction, a determined look on her face like usual.

"Professor, you must reconsider," Rhea grimaced, as Seteth approached. "Disobeying would mean defying the Church of Seiros. You will be walking into a trap. They'll be expecting you."

"Lady Rhea. It only makes sense for us to go after these people," Edelgard pointed out, a hardened look in her lavender eyes. "The knights are all out on missions. We can't afford to have you leave the monastery. It is best if us capable students take down these menaces once and for all."

"...Professor, do you agree with this course of action?"

"Yes," Byleth nodded, grateful that Edelgard had followed her decision and was looking out for her, even after saying such harsh words to Byleth previously.

"...Understood. But," Rhea narrowed her minty green eyes, considering how she was unwilling to let anyone harm her beloved Professor. Byleth found this more unnerving than comforting. "You must exercise caution...and you must take the other two house's students with you."

"Must they come?" Edelgard furrowed her brow, unsure of what Rhea was trying to get at. The Archbishop looked at Edelgard suspiciously.

"Yes. For extra protection."

"That sounds good," Byleth agreed pensively, turning to leave. She didn't mind the extra company, it was fine. Edelgard followed, but she could feel Rhea's eyes as they left.

Whatever. It didn't matter. Byleth didn't care what Rhea thought...

She would have her revenge.

———

Byleth was going to kill her.

Monica was standing tauntingly, going on and on about how 'this body' was such a restriction. All of a sudden, she transformed into a female with light purple skin and short orange hair. She wore a black, tight outfit that revealed much more than anyone wanted to see. Byleth rolled her eyes, irritated with Monica's jabbering.

"This is my true form!" Monica cackled, holding her swords tightly in her pale hands. "My name is Kronya, and I'll enjoy watching the light fade from your eyes! Haha!"

Ha. Fat chance.

Byleth ran headfirst towards Kronya, ignoring the multiple demonic beasts and soldiers around her. She could hear Claude attempting to yell from behind her and Edelgard's disappointed sigh, but Byleth was too focused on Kronya to care. She raised her sword, slamming it downwards towards Kronya ferociously.

The taunting look disappeared from Kronya's face as they continued to fight. Byleth had the upper hand clearly, as she switched from magic to sword, making her movements unpredictable. As Byleth sliced her Sword of the Creator downwards, Kronya rolled out of the way and promptly began sprinting away.

Byleth chased after her, a furious look on her face. Kronya turned, terrified, when someone suddenly appeared behind her.

This man had pale skin as well, with graying white hair. He promptly dug his hand into Kronya's chest, lifting her above the ground as she screamed in pain. He grabbed her heart, and dropped the girl onto the ground.

"Help...me..." Kronya squealed, and Byleth sneered. Jeralt's killer was dead. Immediately, a cloud of purple consumed her, trapping Byleth in place. Byleth grimaced, attempting to rip herself of her restraints to no avail. Another shot of purple dove forwards, consuming her in its gaseous state and Byleth felt the magic overtaking her.

She disappeared, leaving nothing behind.

"My teacher!"

Edelgard immediately steeled herself, not dropping her steely and determined expression from her face. Dimitri's expression darkened as he glared at the man named Solon, while Claude looked horrified and terrified.

"What- Where did Teach go!?" Claude questioned in a panic, nocking his bow toward's Solon threateningly. The man only cackled at Claude's fury, undeterred.

"Your Professor has been consumed by the darkness itself," Solon responded with a smirk and a laugh as he gloated about it. "She is gone."

"...Bring. Her. Back!" Claude snarled in fury, and the others turned to him in surprise. They had never heard him angry before, but the thought of his Teach gone...? Claude let his arrow fly through the air toward Solon, but the man just dodged easily. "Teach!"

"Claude, calm down," Edelgard said steely, her eyes locked on Solon in distaste as she tried to get Claude to relax.

"Calm down!? Teach is gone!" Claude exclaimed angrily, reloading his bow and continuing to shoot at Solon. His arrows hit the man, but he simply continued on as normal as he floated. Claude turned to Edelgard, desperate. "Why...Why aren't you even worried?"

"I am worried," Edelgard said quietly so that Solon couldn't hear. "But if we kill him, then the magic may be irreversible. Lower your weapon. Once the Professor comes back, we will kill him once and for all."

"Once Teach comes back..." Claude muttered, and then he slowly began to lower his bow. "...Yes. You're right. Teach will come back. She won't leave us here like this."

"Exactly."

In that moment, the sky tore open. They watched in shock as the Sword of the Creator tore open the sky itself, and Byleth stepped through intimidatingly. Her hair was now minty and her eyes had turned sea green as well. The students felt their jaws dropping in admiration, while a smile grew on Edelgard's and Claude's faces.

Their teacher had come back.

"So the Fell Star consumes even the darkness itself," Solon muttered, his eyes wide in shock. Byleth swung back her Sword of the Creator, defeating him in one fluid motion as her blade pierced through his chest. "Ah..."

Purple blood dripped from his chest, and the creepy man fell to the ground as Byleth pulled her sword out of him. She sheathed her sword, a satisfied smile on her face.

"...I did it."

She turned around, smiling at everyone's shocked faces. Edelgard and Claude encouragingly smiled back at her softly, and Byleth closed her eyes.

"I did it."