Thomas

Somehow, life goes back to normal for some, Peter returns to school, Barton and Land return to their families. But nothing has gotten easier since Tony died. I'm getting ready as I hear someone knock on the door, "come in." I sniff and wipe the tears off my cheeks.

"It's just me." Steve points his head in and smiles. "No need to hide the fact that you're sad."

I nod, "I know. It's a force of habit."

"How you holdin' up?"

"Not well." I sniff, "I just miss her... and him..."

"I know," Steve pulls me into a hug, "I do too."

I bury my face into Steve's chest for a moment, "I'm sorry, I'm getting your good suit all wet."

"It's alright." Steve smiles. "I think everyone will understand." he takes a deep breath, "now, did you remember to pack your suit? After Tony's funeral we have to put the stones back."

I nod, "of course."

Steve steps away from me, "not that I don't love seeing you all dressed up." he spins me around, "You look amazing." He chuckles, "i feel sorry for Tony, cuz' all eyes'll be on you at his funeral."

"He'd hate that."

"He'd absolutely LOATH it." Steve nods and I hug him again, wrapping my arms around his neck. He leans down a bit and kisses me, "come on, we gotta get going."

Before the actual funeral we listen to Tony's will, that he left in the version of a hologram. I hold onto Steve as I watch the recorded video of our friend mapping out what was to happen if he died. "Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time. I'm hoping if you play this back, it's in celebration. I hope families are reunited, I hope we get it back, and something like a normal version of the planet has been restored. If there ever was such a thing. God, what a world. Universe, now. If you told me ten years ago that we weren't alone, let alone, you know, to this extent, I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised. But come on, you know? The epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play. And, for better or worse, that's the reality Morgan's gonna have to find a way to grow up in. So I thought I'd probably better record a little greeting... In the case of an untimely death on my part. I mean, not that, death at any time isn't untimely. This time travel thing that we're gonna try and pull off tomorrow, it's– it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of it all. That's the thing. Then again, that's the hero gig. Part of the journey is the end." Tony suddenly gets up walking towards his camera, 'What am I even trippin' for? Everything's gonna work out exactly the way it's supposed to.'"He leans down and smiles. He is looking straight at Morgan, "I love you 3,000." The message ends and the hologram cuts out.

After that we head outside of the cottage, Pepper carries a wreath out of the house to an audience waiting outside for the intimate funeral. She lays the wreath on the lake. On top of the wreath is Tony's first arc reactor which Pepper had framed with the words "Proof That Tony Stark Has a Heart" back in 2008. Everyone is here, Pepper, Morgan, Happy Hogan, & Rhodey, Peter Parker, May Parker, Thor, Bruce Banner, Doctor Strange, Wong, Scott Lang, Hope Van Dyne, Janet Van Dyne, Hank Pym, Peter Quill, Nebula, Rocket, Groot, Drax, Mantis, T'Challa, Okoye, Shuri, Clint Barton & his family, Wanda Maximoff, Bucky Barnes, Sam Wilson, Harley Keener, Secretary Ross, Maria Hill, Carol Danvers, and Nick Fury, silently watching the wreath float away.

Steve and I head inside to get changed but as we do, Steve stops me, "Phebs, what would you say, if I asked you to come and live with me in the 1950's?"

I look at Steve a bit confused, "Umm... i don't know. I'd say you were crazy."

"But would you think about it?"