Chapter 37

A couple of minutes later,
Morning,
Eri's room...

Third Person's POV

Kai unlocked the door of Eri's room before he pushed open the door quietly. Eri was sitting on her bed, body trembling in fear. Izuku was heartbroken so see her little sister in such state.

"Chrono, take E—"

"ERI!"

"N-neechan..."

Without wasting any more moments, Izuku barged into the room by shoving Kai away. She immediately hugged the little girl tightly, not wanting to let her go.

Kai narrowed his eyes at the young woman in distaste. Izuku raised her head up, staring at Kai with a determined expression. "I will carry Eri." She said flatly.

"No, Chrono will be the one—"

But suddenly, Izuku tightened the hug. Kai noticed this drastic change and observed her attitude. Look like she was serious with her demand.

".... Fine. I will allow you to carry Eri. But Chrono will watch over you two.." Kai turned to his right hand-man. Hari nodded in understanding. The leader exited the kid's bedroom, letting Izuku and Eri to leave the prison-like room.
Izuku, gently holding Eri in her arms, silently walked out of her little sister's bedroom. She approached her childhood friend. Hari patted her back, rubbing circles to calm her down.

"...well then, let's go."

Following the announcement he made, Kai, Hari, Izuku along with Eri who was in her arms, started their next quest; running away from the heroes and hide themselves completely from the society.

At least that was Kai's plan.

'I can't implement the plan of betrayal, until the right time come.' Hari thought as he caressed Izuku's curly locks, telling her everything would be fine. She smiled a soft smile, feeling secured with him.

'Nemoto, I hope you don't forget about the plan...' Hari closed his eyes, his mind recalling every detail of the plan to betray his so-called boss.

•••••

Meanwhile,
On the heroes side...

Mirio's POV

"Mirio, stay safe!"

"Don't push yourself!"

I still could hear my friends' voices, ringing in my head praying for my safety when I made the decision to charge forward. At time like this, I couldn't afford to waste even a second.

Every second is important. If I'm even one second late, then it will be the end!

I had been slipping through the walls for quite a while, but I hadn't seen Chisaki and some of his top brass yet. I knew they weren't that far from me. I could feel... The presence of that intimidating yakuza leader.

But as soon as I thought that, I saw three figures in front of me. My eyes widened at this surprising view. Two men -- one wearing that familiar green coat and the other one dressed in a white raincoat -- and a young woman, carrying a young girl.

I have never seen that girl before...

Wait a second, long, curly dark green hair...