The soldiers then went to the barrel containing Bilbo who was next to Atalanta. They started tipping the barrel letting the fish fall in.

Bard was stiff and had to think on his feet, "folk in this town are struggling. Times are hard. Food is scarce."

Alfrid just huffed looking away, "that's not my problem."

Atalanta growled lowly hearing this. Anger rising from inside her.

This man truly did not care what happened to the others. He only cared what happened to himself and she wanted to make him pay for that.

It was loud enough for Bard to hear. He gently rocked the barrel. "And when the people hear the master is dumping fish back into the lake, when the riots start, will it be your problem then?" He asked in a darker voice.

Bard and Alfrid stare each other down intensely as the sound of fish hitting the water was the only noise.

Alfrid raises his hand stopping the men from dumping more fish into the lake.

"Stop."

They tipped the barrel back over before walking away and into the building.

"Ever the people's champion, eh, Bard? Protector of the common folk? You have their favor now, bargeman, but it won't last." Alfrid said before walking away.

"Raise the gate!"

The gate raised and Bard begins to pole his barge through.

"The master has his eyes on you; you do well to remember. We know where you live."

Bard rolls his eyes as did Atalanta. "It's a small town, Alfrid; Everyone knows where everyone lives."

——-

When Bard docked his barge and started knocking over the barrels.

Yet when he came to Dwalin he peaked his eyes out stepping up. "Get your hands off me."

Bard rolls his eyes before going to the barrel holding the Hybrid Queen.

Reaching in he grips her hand pulls her out yet the look on her face made the man grin.

Her nose scrunched in disgust as she looked to herself. Her lip poked out some giving her a pouty look.

"This is the worse smell of all time; and I've smelt some nasty things in my life time." She muttered and he just bent down scooping her legs before setting her on her feet.

She looked to the hobbit who was having trouble getting out of the barrel and she bent down putting her arms under Bilbos.

"Come along master Baggins." She spoke softly making the hobbit stare at her before taking her hand as she sets him down.

She nods to Bard and he nods back. Everyone looked greasy and slimy from the fish.

The dock keeper came forward looking at all of them in shock. Bard approached him and slips him a coin.

"You didn't seem them. They were never here." Yet the woman stepped forward glancing at the woman who looked at her in even more shock.