Then it clicked. You remember hearing him scream that when you walked into a scene where his mother was brutally caning him for scoring badly on his exam.

It wasn't a pretty sight to see.

"Oh come on!"

You felt a twinge of guilt, he must be really suffering to say that same exact phrase again.

But again...

"He's probably trying to guilt-trip me into buying into his shit... asshole, tryna play with my conscience like that." You narrowed your eyes at him.

You noticed a few clues on his face as to why is he acting so moody recently.

"Daaamn... he has them bags under his eyes, how many nights has he missed?"

"I just want my (y/n) back!" He screeched.

"Blibin! Can't this car go any faster!?" You started to panic, you're at your tipping point too. "Your boss is a nuclear plant waiting to blow!" You exclaimed.

It made Lanette cry harder and Blibin widened his eyes in alarm.

"T-there's still an hour to go, (y/n)."

"A whole damn hour with him!?" You pointed at Lanette.

"Stop! I'm trying my best to keep us together!" Lanette's voice became hoarse from the excessive shouting.

"Goddamn... Blibin! Do you have a binky to calm him or something!? He's so loud!" You plugged your ears with your fingers.

"I-I'm sorry, (y/n). I-I don't know how to calm him down either—"

"Oh screw this." You shoved Lanette away from your side of the door, you made sure that he's far away from you so that he won't get hurt.

"Why!? Why did you push— (Y/N)!" His heart leapt out of his chest when he saw you opening the car door.

"Anything to get away from that siren!"

You were about to take a leap of faith but—

"(Y/n)... please..." Lanette had an iron grip on you. The rapid winds were making his long, flowy hair fly everywhere. He buried his face in your shoulder, you disliked the feeling of his tears dripping on you.

His arms coiled around your left arm tightly as he bit on his bottom lip.

The whooshing of the air was honestly better than hearing him brawl. You stayed in place, enjoying the sounds of the car whirring mixed with the rush of the wind. You took a deep breath and relaxed your muscles.

"Ahh, feels like I took a huge dump. Much better now."
You grinned at Lanette's silence.

Blibin took a second to register what was happening, he slammed the brakes immediately. It flung the both of you forward, especially you.

Before your head could hit the front passenger's seat, Lanette placed a large, soft hand between you and it, to cushion you from the impact.