34

A/n: short chapter

Lanette held onto your hand tightly as he stumble out of the car. He's not fully healed yet.

That's great. He's quieter now and less headache inducing. The whole ride from the hospital and to his home was enjoyable. Lanette kept nodding off to dreamworld.

You remember telling him to sleep, he smiled and politely refused. Lanette battling with his heavy eyelids was a funny scene to watch.

"...my dear, please don't— don't run so fast..." He mumbled as he gingerly placed a hand on his forehead.

"I'm not even running." You replied coldly. Lanette felt the jab in his heart, but for once, he couldn't even find the energy to feel upset. He just wants to sleep, however, he needs to be awake to 'take care' of you.

"Welcome to my 'humble abode'."
You were taken aback, you expected him to live in a gigantic castle with thousands and thousands of maids, butlers, chaffeurs and so on.

But instead, a relatively small modern house resides on a hill, you could see a luxury apartment block nearby.

"What's that?"
You pointed at the apartment block.

"Staffhouse, its mostly for my well trained bodyguards." Lanette smiled and stroked the back of your hand with his thumb. You grimace at his touch but did not pull your hand away from him.

That's it. Nothing else, no water fountains, no statues of himself and no garage. So, where does he keep his cars? Maybe some underground carpark?

No, as soon as you were dropped off, the car drove away to the apartment. Looks like it'll be staying there.

"(Y/n)... please, wait for me." You stopped walking for Lanette to catch up. He doesn't seem very healthy or aware of his surroundings, his eyes were half lidded and his breathing is irregular.

You watch him stumble towards you, holding onto your arm for support. "(Y/n)... my head hurts..." he mumbled softly.

It wasn't that you didn't care, you do! Lanette was your best friend since highschool, although the things he did upsets you, you still cared about him. You would be lying if you say you didn't feel a shred of pain seeing him injured. You still loved him as a brother, nothing more, nothing less.

You used to like his hugs and hair stroking because you thought it was entirely platonic. Since his confession, you weren't able to see it the same way again no matter how hard you tried. Any touches from him makes you feel violated and uncomforable.

Thinking about a life where you're his spouse makes you gag.

Despite your care about his wellbeing, you thought that he deserved to suffer from a concussion after everything he did. You're glad that he didn't suffer from any brain damage or something else more severe.

You also wished that your relationship with him went back the way it was, it was so much better when Lanette did not acknowledge his true feelings towards you. Both of you were happy, friendly and not hostile towards eachother.

Simple, no complicated emotions together. Just two halves of an idiot trying to get by.

"(Y/n)... I know you're not happy with the things I did, but it's for your own good. I'm not lying when I said I love you, I really do. I want to spend the rest of my life with you..." Lanette looked you in the eye, his blue ones are glassy and filled with stress.

You frowned, you wanted to tell him that you love him too. But as a brother, not a boyfriend, not a husband and definitely not a lover. Completely platonic.

You can't explain how you feel to him, it's unlikely that Lanette would understand anything you said. He might even get the wrong idea and make the situation even worse, twisting your words and publishing it in the media. Painting you as this person who is shy to admit 'their true feelings' to Lanette.

You care, but you can't show it for the sake of your reputation and your sanity. You feel terrible, however you're unhappy with Lanette. It's such a conflicting feeling.

You nodded in response. You crossed your fingers behind your back, praying hard to (your god/fav fictional or non fictional character) that he doesn't suddenly lash out on your again.

"Silence is golden, I guess." You exhaled through your mouth.

You didn't want to say anything. Because you thought that everything you say will be 'wrong' in Lanette's ears.

You crossed your arms as you watch him gently wiped the sole of your shoes with a wet tissue. You shook your head in disapproval at his action.

"Damn clean freak." You looked around the living room. It's smaller than you expected. Though, it's actually huge compared to Motel-Motel's lobby. Just not as large as a mansion of a multi-billionare.

"Hmm. Looks like I can only fit around twenty vending machines here."

You raised an eyebrow at the lack of furniture. Everything about Lanette's home doesn't feel very welcoming.

Yes, there is a sofa, a coffee table, a flatscreen TV and a dining table that can fit about five people.

But that's it. No shelves, no cabinets, no cupboards, no drawers, no picture frames, nothing!

Though, there is a grand piano in the middle of the room. No dust is collected on it, you believe that Lanette plays it regularly.

Everything is pure white, black or light grey. The flooring is all tiles, cold, cold tiles. Its so dull, a bit terrifying.

You didn't like his choice of interior design, it reminds you how boring Lanette could be.

"Lanette had the damn nerve to say Motel-Motel is shit..." you grit your teeth.

Also, the temperature is so low that you had to hug your arms. It doesn't help that you had to walk barefooted against his freezing tiled floor.

"At least give me some home slippers..." you squinted at the male, he's still cleaning the shoes.

Oh, and the smell. There's an intense smell of lavender, it's making you nauseous. You wanted to complain about it, however...

You turned your focus to him, tears are silently flowing down his face, it seems like his soul isn't in his body.

"...nah, better not talk about his home." You shuddered at his vacant look.

Unbeknownst to you, an ugly storm is brewing inside Lanette. It's not your typical, passing thunderstorm. It's comparable to an apocalyptic event taking place in Lanette's aching heart.

He's so jealous of Caecilius.

______________________________________________
A/n: haha short chapter guys

Check out Blind Date, please :)