XXX. the happily ever after

Start from the beginning

"I-i," stuttered Seraphina, still gazing down at the love of her life, his calloused thumb grazing across her cheek.

She was utterly speechless. There are so many questions she wants to ask him. Where was he? Why did he leave her hanging?

Seraphina at the sight of him badly wants to wrap her arms around him and initiate a kiss but she did not do any of those.

Well, she was about to when Zachary raced her off, his arms wrapping around her waist until she was sitting in his lap, swiftly, he landed his lips on hers, Seraphina responding to his kiss, her fingers clutching his white shirt.

"God, I missed you, Love," murmured Zachary, his chapped lips trailing down her earlobe, giving her chills.

When Seraphina eyed him, her heart filled with love and contentment, she knew something's amiss.

That they should not just kiss and make out after what this asshole did.

At anger, Seraphina hit him with a cushion, Zachary just holding her steady in his lap, just gaped at her, suppressing a chuckle, "Where have you been, you psycho?" Hollered Seraphina as she hit him once again with a cushion.

Funny how she used to badly want him to go away and now, she has been asking him where he is.

"Like what I told Aunt Veronica, I was in the countryside, Love," answered Zachary, still receiving her frustrated pillow hitting the scene.

"That's the point, you didn't even tell me about it, Zach, a single letter wouldn't tire your precious little fingers, right?" Responded Seraphina, frowning.

Shrugging, "I wanted it all to be a surprise to you, Sep. I didn't think Aunt Veronica let you read the letter,"

" She didn't, I read it without her permission as soon as I ascertained it was from you," confessed Seraphina, her voice low, and embarrassed, staring at her lap.

Tipping her chin using his index finger, their eyes met, Seraphina frowning and Zachary smiling broadly, "Marry me, please,"

At that proposal, Seraphina was taken aback. She hasn't expected it, that's for sure. Her emerald eyes turned massive, her mouth hanging.

Holding both her hands, he added, "I acquired land in the countryside, Sep, and bought all these books about farming and raising babies, that's why I was gone,"

Her heart softened at his statement yet surprised.

"Raising babies, Zach? Really?" She chuckled.

"Remind me to purchase a book about the different sex-positions we could try," he murmured, smirking playfully, earning her blush and a light slap in the arm from Seraphina.

"But really, Sep. I am damn serious about marrying you, I love you to death, really, I do. I just can't imagine living without you knowing I already knew how good it felt to even just be beside you, we-we could spend the rest of our lives together in the countryside, just like what you wanted and even raise 12 children of our own and grow old and gray,"

Sighing, she badly wants to say 'I do' but he deserves to know the truth. You see, it's unfair for him to purchase this countryside lot which definitely costs a ton yet here she is, nothing but her love and loyalty to offer.

"There's something you should know, Zach. I have no dowry to offer you, I am literally penniless," Seraphina confessed, looking up in his loving blue eyes, his hands cupping her cheeks, warming her.

He chuckled, saying, "I don't care if you're destitute or have the money in the world, Sep, you're more than enough,"

However, the next second, his face turned serious, "And let's talk about your recklessness of you spending all your dowry on me, young lady, paying all those witnesses to lie,"

"Well, I don't regret it one bit, Zach," exclaimed Seraphina, puffing.

Zachary wants to cry at how beautiful this woman is inside and out. Oh, how much he doesn't deserve her.

Zachary surprised Seraphina when he fished something from his breast pocket, her eyes following his every movement.

Without second thoughts, Zachary swiftly slid the simple yet so, so, so beautiful ring into her finger. The silver ring was a thing and the stone in the middle was just a small bop of amethyst.

At the sight of Zachary sliding the ring into her finger, Seraphina wanted to cry because she hadn't seen such a beautiful view.

"You're gonna make me the happiest husband, Sep," stated Zachary as he raised her hand, kissing the ring.

"I don't remember agreeing to this wedding proposal of yours, Mr. Canning but since this ring is utterly beautiful then you have my vote,"

"No need for that, Love. I'm an expert in reading what's inside that heart of yours, besides, silence means yes, right?" Responded Zachary, his finger brushing across the ring.

The two of them stared at each other, both of them smiling, contented.

"Thank God you didn't give me such a big ring like before. I loathe such big things,"

"You better get used to it since my thing is big,"

She then kissed him in the eyelids, in the lips, and in the throat.

Zachary sat there, his hands firmly encircled around her delicate waist while Seraphina remained sitting on his lap, her hands against his chest.

"What is this?" He murmured against her cheek, the corners of his lips twitched upwards.

Seraphina planted a quick peck on his Adam apple before gluing back her emerald eyes to her future husband, uttering the words, "Affection," with such an alluring gaze and smile.

Raising his brow sardonically, he said, "Do it again," which made them chuckle.

"I truly love you, Mr. Canning,"

" And I do love you so fucking much too, Future Mrs. Canning,"

" No cursing please,"

" But I really do fucking love you,"

"really, Zachary,"

" Fine, no more curses but don't expect me from not fucking you,"

With that, Seraphina gasped.

Right away tomorrow, they got married. Turns out, Zachary already planned the wedding while he was gone. Already contacted the reverend and the witnesses since it'll only be a civil wedding, just the way she wanted since she's no fan of the massive wedding.

Constantly worrying over her guests when she could just be with her husband, cuddling.

"What if I rejected your wedding proposal yesterday, Zach? What about all these?" Asked Seraphina while they're on their way home back in the Canning manor.

Shrugging, he answered, "Truth be told, that hadn't occurred in my mind for I knew you'd say yes, Love," his arms around her.

Seraphina only chuckled at him, leaning her head on his shoulder, massive smiles plastered in their faces.

When she felt a roaming hand across her thigh, Seraphina laughingly slapped his hand, saying, "Not inside the carriage, Zach,"

She felt him chuckle under her, his hand retreating, "Yes, ma'am but I don't know about my future self,"

All Seraphina could do was laugh, shaking her head.

Aunt Veronica, despite being a bit sad about their decision to live outside the city, still wished them farewell.

Seraphina and Zachary promised they'll visit her at least once a month, saying they'll bring their crops and all.