21. Somethings Never Change

When I opened she looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Josie.." I don't really know what to tell.

"I.."  She said looking in my yes the stopped and again looked down.

"Josie?"

"Can't I come in? I... I .. Don't want to be alone right now." she said without looking up.

I opened the door wide, giving her space to come in.

But she doesn't move.

"What is it, Jo?" I asked. Giving her enough space to talk in her own time.

"I don't really want to talk about it.!"
She took a gulf to control her crying.but failed terribly.

"Then don't."

She doesn't know how much I already knew. I want her to talk in her own time.

"Now will you please come in. We don't want to get caught after curfew."

No one's POV

Josie entered the room. And kept standing. After Hope closes the door. She turned to see Josie standing. Her eyes full to tears yet she had stopped crying too at least trying to.

Hope crossed Josie and went to sit on the edge of her bed. And looked up at Josie, padding next to her. Indicating her to sit.

Josie was lost in her thoughts. But went to sir beside Hope. After a few minutes passed in silence.

"Sorry for my behaviour earlier."

"We all have bad days... It's okay." Hope tried to chuckle.

"It's not like being thrown out of a room with a magical wave."

This made Josie smile a bit.

"Still you didn't deserve it. You were just trying to help." guilt can be felt in her voice.

"Why don't we just settle by saying, it was a pay-back for throwing you with a magical wave." desperately trying to cheer Josie up.

Josie took a deep breath settling herself more comfortably on the bed. And looked around to see the untouched food tray on the nightstand.

Josie looked at Hope with a suspicious look, meaning to know about the food tray.

"AHH... I actually didn't feel like eating in the cafeteria. So brought the food up." explaining herself.

Josie just gave a nod in reply.

"So are you planning on eating anytime soon?" Josie enquired. She is desperate to divert her mind. And she knows Hope would understand.

When Hope hesitates to reply.Josie realizes something.

"You were going for a run? Weren't you?" Josie asked wide eyed.

Josie knows how important these runs are for Hope, She dont want Hope to sacrifice even a run for her.

"You.. You can.. Go..  I..." Think of something.. " I a bit of work to do.." Josie finished.

Hope knows Josie will think of everyone. And put everyone before herself.And if she came to Hope tonight, she is in need of a friend desperately.

"I will rather stay here with you." Hope says with a heart warming smile.

"But ,, you.. I will be okay"

"No buts. I'm staying here.And you will be keeping me company. Thats settled."

Josie looked at Hope for a one whole minute .

"Are you sure you don't want to go?”

"Positive" Hope replayed beamingly.