"Are you on the witness list as well?" came her uncle's voice.

She paused, trying to figure out what was going on.

"She doesn't know? Did Meredith call you... of course not, but this is your brother. No, I didn't mean that," her uncle replied. 

"She would have to decide. But I think I was wrong to have let her have her way. I should have been firmer. We are both at fault... ok. When?"

There was a pause on her uncles' side as he listened to whoever was on the phone. She slowly got up to find that breakfast had been made and eaten. The aftermath of the kitchen was a clear sign for her. She slowly hovered around the table. 

Her hair a mess, but her face looked more rested. 

Her uncle glanced at her, giving her a smile.

"Go on, I'll pour some porridge for you," he said and moved into the kitchen still talking to the other person on the line.

Soon she had some toast, eggs, and porridge in front of her. Her stomach growled loudly, causing her uncle to laugh.

"Here, talk to your aunt while I go make you some green tea," he said handing her the phone.

"Betee..." came the gentle voice of her aunt Khalwa, her dad's only sister.

"Bua..." answered Aisha slowly feeling tears prick her eyes.

She was her favorite on her dad's side. She could still see her father and aunt arguing playfully as they stood next to a rickshaw in Delhi. Her aunt trying to get her mom to back up her claim that she could drive the rickshaw in the busy streets with no problem. She could remember all the times she had visited them in their home. The number of pranks she had been involved in, both willingly and unwillingly.

"Where were you?" asked Aisha in such a broken voice her aunt didn't speak for a while.

"I'm sorry.... I'm so sorry... I should have come..." her aunt paused, trying not to cry.

But Aisha could hear her tears, she could feel them, as she felt her uncle's steadying hand on her back.

"Go easy on her," he whispered to Aisha.

"There is no excuse, not when my brother... not when the other... please forgive me. I got sick and your uncle had been giving me misinformation. I wouldn't have known if Yaqub hadn't called me," her Aunt said.

Aisha paused in the middle of her tears and wiped them away.

"Are you sick?" she hiccupped, feeling her heart squeeze.

"I've been sick for a while, child. I hadn't wanted to worry you, or your siblings, or parents. But I'm getting better. The doctor approved for me to travel, so I can be part of this trial. I can't allow... actually, I won't allow my brother to get away with all the pain he is causing. Even Maryam will testify against him. Allah is on your side, dear child, we all are. I'll fly in sometime this week," her aunt said.

"Ok..." answered Aisha sadly.

"I love you, darling girl... will you ever forgive me?" Her aunt asked. 

Aisha shook her head.

"There is nothing to forgive... I'm sorry I didn't know. You've only been a few hours away from us by plane, and I hadn't thought to check on you, I love you Bua," said Aisha.

"Love you too," whispered her aunt, and then they both hung up.

"Did you know? That she was sick," Aisha asked her uncle.