♔ 19| Knock Knock

・゚: *・゚:*🐝 *:・゚*:・゚

DUSTIN HAD JUST HUNG UP THE PHONE. He had been speaking to their teacher and as he listened, he began writing something down vigorously. The group stood on the other side of the table, nervously awaiting the news the boy was soon to bring.

"Do you still have that kiddie pool we bobbed for apples in?" Dustin asked as he raised his head from the paper and directed his gaze, toward Joyce urgently.

"I think so, yeah." She replied, confused as to why that had any relevance.

"Good. Then we just need salt. Lots of it."

"How much is lots?" Hopper pitched in, giving the boys a wary look.

"Fifteen-hundred pounds." He replied.

"Where are we gonna get that much salt?" Nancy asked in disbelief. She glanced at Audrey, hoping she would give her some insight but the girl only shrugged, just as confused.

Hopper sighed deeply and looked at everyone in the room carefully.

"I know a place."

・゚: *・゚:*🐝 *:・゚*:・゚

"This damn thing is heavy." Dustin complained, panting as he pushed the rolled-up kiddie pool across the court. Audrey, Lucas, and Dustin had been sent to the school before everyone else, to set up the pool, as everyone else attended to their own tasks.

"That's because you're not pushing it right." Lucas argued and pushed him aside. He put all his weight into it and shoved the pool, only moving it a couple of inches. Dustin snickered in the background.

Audrey looked at the both of the boys and smirked, approaching the pool quickly. She kicked out a foot and slammed it into the pool, pushing it further than they had previously done.

The two of them looked at her with surprised looks, and she just laughed, pushing it to the center of the room. "Soccer."

"Come on. It's upside down." Dustin stated.

"No this way." Lucas corrected. "Okay um."

"I think it's this way..?" Audrey muttered questioningly.

"How does this thing even work?"

"How should I know?"

"Try that side."

"Son of a bitch!"

"Language please."

"Shi - I mean fudge..."

Audrey looked around in disbelief as everything really began to settle down, drowning out the noise of the boys. It was still hard for her to understand what exactly they had gotten herself into but at this point, she was committed.

"Hey, where's El?

The boys just shrugged and turned their complete attention back to the pool. Audrey, not finding that answer to be good enough, decided to look for her herself.

As Audrey led herself through the hallway of Hawkins Middle School and she felt like a little girl again. These had been the same hallways she walked down just a few years prior. The simpler days.

Heaving a big sigh, Audrey kept her pace as she looked through doorways, desperate to find the girl who was like a sister to her. She finally approached an open door and she heard the voices of Eleven and Joyce.