Jewelry

"M/n," Shinobu called. She watched as the h/c tied his shoes "Where are you going?"

The male didn't respond immediately but turned to face Shinobu, though his eyes didn't meet her own.

"To train," he muttered. Shinobu, however, was no fool. M/n was carrying around a little bag that he had slung around his shoulder, and his shoes were the ones he'd usually wear when going out in combat. Shinobu grinned.

No matter how many years have passed and how many times Shinobu has taken care of him, he still couldn't be much of a better liar.

She shook her head "Now, there's no need to lie about it," she said in a teasing tone.

"It's not like you'll become a better liar like that,"

M/n felt himself flinch at her words and didn't bother to look her in the eyes,already knowing she had that look on her face.

The one that usually said,

There's no point in that. You can't escape me.

M/n sighed. He already knew he wouldn't fool Shinobu in the first place. Hesitantly, he glanced at her in the eyes.

"I'm going to look for my brother," Shinobu already knew this. That's what he would always do if he's not going on missions or training.

Shinobu would know if he was on missions. Shinobu always knew.
Like how she knew how to make the right poison for anything.

Shinobu gave a hopeless look towards the boy, but couldn't help but feel that hopelessness lift away little by little whenever she saw those sparkles in his eyes.

A glimmering hope.

Just like any other day, he'd go look for his brother.

Just like any other day, Shinobu would always find him before he goes off.

Just like any other day, she would let him go on his search.

M/n wasn't the brightest one in the butterfly estate, but he certainly wasn't the most foolish.

He knew the moment he saw this elder man sell items that there was something sketchy going on.

Yes. An aged man,selling necklaces and pearls,earrings and anklets was a shady thing. Maybe it was of how he coax those ladies into purchasing his jewelry, or how he mentioned words like "makes you look younger," and "if you wear it, even a celestial being would want you," made him think twice.

"Such a pretty necklace!" M/n turned towards a girl, seemed like the same age as him, doting at the various pearls and gems on the jewelry.

"Why don't you get one,young lady." The elder grabbed the necklace the girl had been looking at and pushed it towards her direction. "It will make you look prettier,"

She seemed to beam at those words but her face instantly fell the moment she heard the price.

"¥210?! I can't afford that much money, I can't buy this!" She pushed away the necklace back towards the elder man who seemed taken aback.

"But this necklace will help you cease great fortunes,buy this and you'll look like a queen," he claimed,however the girl didn't seem convinced at all and shook her head.

At this,the elder man grew furious and nearly hit the young girl.

"Just buy it-!" He swung the necklace at her,his hand inches away from her face.

Before his hand collided with the girl's face, M/n grabbed him by the wrist with a grip like a vice and glared into the man's transparent eyes.

With his other arm,M/n wrapped it around the girl's shoulder and pulled her away.

"She said she didn't want it," In a dangerously cold tone, he said. The elder man eventually gulped before retreating back behind his mini kart, fuming as he placed the necklace back onto the other piles of jewelry.

"I also think that she doesn't need a jewelry to look like a queen, when she already looks like one," The h/c added,prompting the girl's face to heat up at his words.

The elder man grinned meticulously "Then what about you,boy? Anything caught your eye?" He gestured towards the rows of jewels.

M/n shook his head in retaliation "No thanks,I'm not a jewelry type of person," he grunted.

"Oh really?" Said the man "then what's that on your wrist?" He gave a pointed look at the beaded bracelet on the h/c wrist.

It only made a scowl on M/n's face appear as he dragged the girl away from the shady man.

"None of your business,"

As they got away from the man, the girl finally found her voice and thanked him.

"Thank you so much,it was getting difficult to get away from him when he pressured me further," she mumbled, her hands interlocking each other.

"It's okay,I don't mind. I-" M/n stopped himself from saying anything further. If his demeanor changed into something more tense,the girl certainly hasn't noticed.

"I would like to repay you in anyway I can,so if you need anything, please just ask me," she said before her face contorted into a surprise. A sudden realization.

"I almost forgot! I'm Nakamayu Nishida, but please call me Mayu,"
Mayu held out her hand, she smiled and got a bit red when M/n took it.

"I'm M/n L/n, I'll be sure to ask you if I need any help,Mayu-san,"