A New Kind of Party

Start from the beginning

The smell of coffee beans, soft murmur of the people talking along with the sight of one of her childhood friends brings back a slew of good memories indeed.

"We still on for band practice today, Ran?" Tsugu asks after giving a customer their designated food. Doing this for years has allowed her to multi-task.

"Yeah. We gotta work on this one song. There's this part that I may need some refining." Admits the black haired girl.

"Sounds good. I'll make sure Moca doesn't oversleep again." Ran gives her a small sheepish smile at that.

"Even after knowing her this long, I still don't get why she needs that much sleep to be honest."

"It's what makes her who she is. Who are we to deny it?" Ran couldn't disagree. She at least gave it her all when it comes to the band and that's all it matters. Even if it takes a lot of effort to get her out of bed. Usually having to either dangle some bread in front of her face or put one dangerously close to her mouth. Somehow that always wakes her up.

Snapping her out of her musings was the sound of the bell being rung, signifying someone coming through the door.

"Welco-" She heard Tsugumi say, only for her words to stop. Ran raises an eyebrow to see what's up, only for her to freeze in place upon seeing who she was looking at.

The person's clothing consisted of a red detailed short sleeved crimson coat with western and Italian features.

His hair is not to different from the color of snow itself much like a certain bushido loving keyboard idol. His eyes are akin to that of sapphires and holding an arctic gaze to it, making his facial expression relaxed, yet holding an icy feel to it.

Clothing consists of red pants that are covered by leather motorcycle chaps. He wears black boots and gloves that exposes the index fingers and knuckles on both hands and his pants are wrapped by black belt with a silver demonic skull. Overall, he wasn't too far off from a cowboy. A flamboyant looking cowboy but one nonetheless.

What's especially ridiculous is his height. The person standing before her towers over a lot of people his age, being over six feet and making him look down at her shorter form.

A small part of her felt admittedly intimidated just looking at his face. He carries himself in such a relaxed manner, yet far from unguarded is his posture. The aura he seems to emanate feel different compared to the boys around her age, not helping is his choice of clothing, which seem to fit him rather well, contrasting the light color of his hair and the dark theme of his clothes. A style not too far from her own.

"He's got an odd sense of style, yet it fits him

"He's got an odd sense of style, yet it fits him." Admits Ran mentally. The clothes he's wearing makes him look like he's about to go into a rodeo. She really couldn't complain though, the color inexplicably suits him very well.

Tsugu also couldn't help but feel a little flustered herself seeing such a man before her. Of course, as a worker in a cafe she's had to talk to a few boys around her age that wanted to get a seat, yet looking at this person in front of her is making her feel kind of embarrassed and self conscious.