26.

Here I stood frozen in my mother's living room as Nile and Erwin argued. How did he get here? And why? Questions filled my mind and I was more than worried. My mother just stared at them not saying a word nor showing any emotions. She just sat on the couch and examined the two grown up men who were bickering like children.

"What are you even doing here huh? I thought you were not inside Wall Sina!"the blonde said pushing his hair back in frustration.

"Well I heard you were coming here with April. I don't want you to ruin this family! It's already sad"Nile turned his back to the taller male and I felt like I need to join them. No one can say shit about him or my family! It's not sad.

"Well my family is not sad! And how can he ruin it? Look at him! He is the most caring person I ever met!"

Erwin just smirked as he crossed his arms in front of his chest, I mean he tried but with one arm it was pretty hard. He could feel his victory because I was defending him.

"Where should I start? Oh yes. He has stupid plans! He lost his arm li-"

"It was not his fault! We saved Eren and that was the whole point of the mission. His plan was amazing!"

"I know he is planning something right now! I can smell it and oh God knows how bad it will end again. He forgot to save your brother now what? He forgets to save you? You're reckless for trusting him! Stupid and reckl-"

"You can pick on me as many times as you want Nile because I know you're just frustrated but no. You're not allowed to say anything bad about her. Do you want me to kick your ass? Or should I break your arm? The choice is yours Goat man"the taller blonde took a step closer to the military police commander with each word, hissing into his face at the end. Nile was bit a terrified. He never thought his old friend that sweet, gentle man could be the devil himself.

I myself was surprised too. I only heard "tales" from Levi about his dark behaviour but I never believed it until now. This day started as a usual day visiting my mother, introducing my partner to her. I never thought it would be like this. It started a new chapter in our lives and relationship. If someone would came up to me saying hey I could break an arm for you. I would just laugh because I couldn't take them seriously but he was different. I knew he was dead serious about this. His icy blue eyes were on fire, anger boiled in him. His muscles were stiff like he was ready to jump into action in any moment. There was that serious, cold-blooded expression on his face which made me fall deeper in love. I knew it wasn't good but I couldn't help it. He is overprotective but oh god I love it.

He slightly turned his head to me and I immediately looked away, my cheeks turning pink.

He caught me staring. How embarrassing...I was so lucky I didn't turned around. There was a tiny smile in the corner of his lips and his expressions softened.

He fixed his posture and put his arm on the wall next to Nilelooking slightly down at his friend who was deep in thoughts probably still thinking about what he just witnessed minutes ago.

"I think you should leave now Nile. Send me a letter when you calmed down"

He didn't notice much about anything until the door closed behind his back leaving a pleased Erwin in the house and Nile outside who just proceed what happened.

"Huh?!"