Chapter 5 - Part I

Sir Smirks-A-Lot to the Rescue

"So what do you think?" Eli twirled around in front of my mirror. She was wearing a little black lace dress that reached just below mid-thighs. It had a three-quarter length see-through patterned sleeve. 

"You look great," I mumbled distractedly, still engrossed in the book I was reading. I was lying flat on my stomach on my queen sized bed with a book propped up in front of me while Eli was preparing for the party. 

"Kitty, I need to look good tonight!" Eli stressed, running her hands through her hair. 

I sighed, put my book down and looked up. Eli looked stunning, as always. Her jet black hair was stylishly curled for tonight and not in its usual straight style. The curls elegantly fell past her shoulders, complementing her ocean blue eyes, always making them brighter and somehow even bluer. They also complemented her skin, giving her pearl skin colour a flattering shine. The setting sun was slowly darkening the room and her eyes were a dark blue, making her that much more stunning. She was wearing simple, black stilettos with the dress. Eli always had that elegance in anything she wore that I could never pull off. 

"You look beautiful, he'll swoon at the sight of you," I smiled at her. I did feel a slight twinge of guilt in saying this, knowing that Jordan liked her. 

She squealed in excitement. "You know, you really should get dressed, we're leaving soon." 

"Oh," I replied, looking down at the jeans and woollen jumper I was still wearing. "I was hoping I already was."

"Don't be silly, this'll look good on you," she pulled out a deep red V-neck dress that reached just above my knees. I went into my closet and changed quickly into it, throwing on a stone encrusted heart necklace and black high heeled boots. 

"Yay! You look good," Eli winked from my dresser, bending close to the mirror to re-apply mascara.  

"Remember, it's your night. No hooking me up," I threatened her, grabbing eyeliner and re-applying it. 

"I'll make no promises," she winked, dabbing a little blush over her cheeky smile. 

"The stuff I do for you," I sighed dramatically.

"Oh, don't lie!" she beamed. "I know you're excited, too. We haven't been to a party in a long time." 

"Because you got drunk and passed out in the toilet at the last one?" I suggested, smirking. "And you wonder why I don't let you out in public places."

She playfully shoved me, "Oh god, that was so embarrassing!" 

"Good thing we didn't see Jared after that," I laughed at the memory. 

"I give you permission to slap me if I do anything embarrassing at this party." 

"Deal," I grinned.  

-

"Wait, so why're we dressed up for a regular party? We usually go casual-dressy," I asked as we finished up and locked the front door behind us.

"Well Mathew thought it'd be fun to dress nice," she replied. 

"Right, Count Dracula isn't accustomed to the casual dressing of the current generation," I gave a serious nod. 

Eli laughed in response, her good mood was evident- it just shone from her. Eli was always easy to read, her emotions always palpable. 

"Remember, don't call him Dracula to his face. He's sensitive about his Widow's peak hairline."

"Roger that," I saluted her. 

She rolled her eyes, "Let's go! Prince Charming awaits!" 

The party was in full swing when we arrived, all the lights on inside both levels of the house and the sound of music was blasting through every window. I could even hear it half a kilometre away.