It laid horizontally on its mount across the very bottom, half the length of the entire wall. A shimmering, silvery pole with a curved, axe like blade at the end. I recognized the halberd for its craftsmanship immediately.
It was angelic.

(Something like this)

Benny whistled, impressed, as I took it from its place on the wall and brandished it delicately

Benny whistled, impressed, as I took it from its place on the wall and brandished it delicately. It stood only half a foot or so over my head. A perfect size.
"Fine piece of weaponry, " he commented, then held out his hand, "may I?"

A little hesitant to hand over the weapon of an archangel to a vampire, I gave the handle a loving squeeze before I surrendered my trust and let him have a look.

Fascinating as it was, I knew that wasn't why I was called here, and drew my attention to the desk. It had been faintly ringing to my ears the whole time, and I couldn't ignore it anymore.

Apprehensive, I tugged the little drawer open by the hand carved knob and peaked inside.
There I found a worn leather pack, with straps that were meant to hang over one's back, and a simple loop and claw bound together to keep it closed. To my surprise, whatever was inside it had some weight to it, and felt squared and solid.
I unwrapped the loop and flipped the flap over to see something like stone peeping out.
Lifting the bag from the bottom, I gave it a shake and slid its secret out onto the top of the desk.

My jaw dropped with a gasp as the stone slab was revealed.

"What?" Benny asked, snapping his attention to me, completely unaware of the gravity of what I'd just found.

I was speechless. It was a tablet like the one Kevin Tran read to stop the Leviathans.

But this was different. Kevin's Word didnt call to me like this. This...felt like it was made for me. The writing didn't even look the same.
"I need to take this..." I whispered, more to myself than the vampire.

"Um...ok? So that's it? We good here?"

"Yeah..." I replied, "take whatever you want off the wall and lets go."

I laid a hand upon the slab to stuff it back into the bag, and something like electricity shot up my arm and froze me in place.

Millions of things like data read off on a computer flew through my mind, and then my eyes filled with blinding light. I felt power building up, and was soon flung backwards with incredible force when it all just stopped.

☆☆☆☆☆

"Hey...hey!"

Someone shook me.