"Uh– ah..." Billie looks at me as I sheepishly smile. "Well... I–"

"No, no, I get it," Maggie smiles at both of us. "That's cute."

I give a faint sigh of relief.

Billie gives a slightly nervous chuckle as she continues, "Yeah, but I meant that if you've seen the live, then you've seen that B's been able to tell everyone the truth."

"Oh..." Maggie drawls as she looks at me sadly. "I've heard about what Mason did... I can't believe he could do such a thing."

"Me neither," I admit. "But I'm so glad that they now know the real story and they believe me."

"That's good," she says. "How's your mom, by the way?"

I frown as my mind wanders off to my hurting mom, "She barely goes out of her and my dad's room nowadays. The only time I see her is when she cooks and eats. I'm really worried about her. When I try to talk to her, she's usually really distant."

Maggie continues to listen to me as she gives me an emphatic look.

"My mom doesn't deserve the pain she's in right now, and I don't wanna add up to her worries, so I do my own little share by trying to cook sometimes for the family even if I don't really know how to," I mention quietly. "There are lots of tutorials online, anyway."

I look down as I put my hands together and play with my own fingers, "My dad was the cook."

"He loved cooking pasta, especially lasagna and pesto," I give a nostalgic smile as I reminisce. "Then, we'd all help him make crème brûlée or macarons for dessert."

"Sounds fun," Billie remarks as she gives me a lopsided smile.

I beam at her, "Yeah, it really is."

My smile falters in realisation, "Was."

"My mom isn't the same without my dad," I quietly tell them. "I just want her to be happy again."

"Do you..." Maggie hesitates. "Do you think she'd mind if I visit her?"

I pause and think before answering.

She doesn't go out of her room, but I think she's lonely...

Maybe my mom needs someone her age?

"I don't think she'll mind," I reply.

• • •

So, Billie and I've decided to tag along with Maggie, and we go to my house.

I knock on my mom's door, "Mom."

The door creaks open, and there my mom groggily stands as she looks at me.

Her eyes shift to Maggie and Billie who are standing beside me, and her face changes into surprise.

"Oh, hello," my mom says, a little agitated as she acknowledges both of them. "Maggie, Billie."

"I'm sorry for the unannounced–"