39 - oh

Before we start this chapter, let's do a short recap...

In the last chapter of Smile, Billie, Mason joins the live, and tries to tell the media that Bea is lying, when in reality, everything she was saying was true.

Mason, defeated, leaves the live.

Now on to Chapter 39...

39 - oh

#WeBelieveBella

It has been a few hours after the livestream has ended, and this hashtag has been going around social media.

"I can't believe it..." I softly say to Billie who's looking over my phone from behind me. "People actually believe me."

She wraps her arms around my waist and kisses my cheek, "Of course they believe you, B."

I've now blocked Mason on every social media account I have. I don't want anything to do with him anymore. If he somehow creates drama involving me again...

Girl, I don't even know.

My thoughts are interrupted by a knock on the door.

Billie unwraps her arms around me, much to my disappointment, and she says, "Come in."

She moves to sit beside me, and the door opens; revealing Maggie.

Her eyes shift to me as she smiles, "Hello, Bella."

"Hi, Maggie."

"How are you feeling?" she asks while closing the door behind her.

"Better now," I smile as Billie and I share a look.

"Mom, you've seen the livestream?" Billie asks while grinning.

"Yes, I, uh—" Maggie pauses as if remembering something.

She then proceeds to look at the two of us awkwardly.

My eyes widen in realisation.

Oh, shit.

She saw the kiss, and she thinks we're talking about that.

I don't think she even knows about me and Billie.

"So... you two..." she raises her middle and index finger while sticking them together.