12 - a date

12 - a date

My dad checked out of the hospital yesterday, and now we're back at my grandparents' (now, kinda our) home.

Billie stayed with me until we went out the hospital, and I couldn't be more grateful.

She gave me company throughout the night.

And by company, I meant talking about nonsense.

I loved it.

Her mom was pissed at her, though, for arriving at their house late without permission.

Her brother, Finneas, was worried, too.

And, her dad?

Well, he was cool about it.

It's currently morning; around 9 am, and we're eating breakfast at the dining room.

Mom sighs, "Honey..."

"I said I want more pancakes!" Dad exclaims.

I grimace at him as mom just rolls her eyes.

She stands up her chair, and goes to the stove to cook some more pancakes.

"Only doing this because you aren't yourself," mom says as she pours the batter to the pan.

My dad has been really moody, ever since yesterday.

Mom, Josh, and I are just coping with his mood swings, since we know that after this, he's going to be all better.

"Honey, has Billie returned safely?" mom asks me as she turns the pancake over with a spatula.

"She has," I softly smile to myself. "Her mom and brother were pissed, though."

"That kid is so nice," my mom shakes her head.

"She really is," I say.

My phone beeps.

1 new message from Billie Eilish.