We keep busy while Rick and the others are gone with Carol. Carl helps me with the baby and washin’ clothes. I can tell he’s distracted, but he’s tryin’ ta’ hide it by constantly keepin’ at the task before him. Eventually though, after lunch, Beth comes bustlin’ in, sayin’ that the group is back. Carl and I abandon everythin’ and follow her out immediately.

{~~~} 

Rick’s speech is a short one. He calls everyone ta’ the yard and then calmly explains what’s happened and what he’s done. People gasp and some even burst into tears when they hear that Carol was the one ta’ blame fer the crimes committed, and some even deny it, sayin’ that it can’t be true and that Rick’s made a mistake. But then Sasha steps up and talks about how Carol was found tryin’ ta’ kill one a’ the little kids, and people get quiet after that. It doesn’t take a lot fer everybody ta’ except Rick’s decision ta’ put Carol down quickly and quietly. They know there’s nothin’ that could be done with her, especially after Hershel and Tyreese talk about how far gone she was. I could comment on this myself fer further validation, but I say nothin’, only hang in the shadows with Carl and the baby and watch everythin’ go down. One man comments on the lie about Carol bein’ sick, but nobody makes much fuss about it, not even the guy who brought it up. They get it, I think. These people ain’t dumb.

The group of us disperses quietly. I’m relieved nothin’ bad happened and that breakin’ the news went down like it did. Carl even comments on how well everybody took it. I feel odd about the whole thing, but I just go about the rest a’ my day, take a shower, and then get ready fer bed. 

I wanna ask Rick about it, about what he did, but he doesn’t give me a chance ta’ speak ‘cause he pounces on me as soon as he walks through the bedroom door. Rick undresses himself and me rather quickly, fumblin’ and rushin’ things. He never does that, not ever, so I know somethin’s wrong. I know sex won’t fix whatever it is, but I let drive me into the mattress anyway ‘cause I guess he feels like it’s what he needs. 

Rick collapses in bed next ta’ me, spent, and pulls me to him. I kiss his collarbone and bury my face in his neck, aware a’ the fact that he probably needs this right now. 

“She knew me right before,” he whispers. Rick speaks so quietly ya’ would think that somebody could hear us. “Right before I shot her, she said my name.” 

Oh. So that’s what’s botherin’ him. 

“What?” I understand what he said completely, but it’s the first thing that comes outta my mouth. I look at Rick in search of a facial expression, but he’s dead asleep, breathin’ even and eyes closed. I wanna take him by the shoulders and shake him, shake him until he wakes up, and then I wanna beg him ta’ tell me about what he did and what Carol said, but I can’t do that ta’ him and I know it. He’s had a helluva day, and what kinda person would I be if I made him reevaluate all of it in the span of an hour?

So, I just lay back down and close my eyes, not tired at all, yet exhausted at the same time. After a few seconds though, I find myself driftin’ off easily.

***

Author's Note-

ALL RIGHT FUCK THE CHAPTER FOR A SECOND. DID YA'LL SEE TWD TONIGHT?!? I HAVE NO WORDS. NONE. NONE WHATSOEVER. THIS IS CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT. I WAS JUST STARTING TO LIKE BETH. DARYL CRIED TONIGHT FOR CHRIST'S SAKE. I THOUGHT THEY WERE GONNA HAVE BABIES AND KISS AND BE HAPPY BUT NNOOOOOOoooooOOOoooo I GUESS NOT. FEBRUARY BETTER HURRY ITS ASS UP AND GET HERE BECAUSE I FOR ONE CANNOT TAKE THIS. AND POOR MAGGIE AND CAROL AND MICHONNE AND POOR EVERYBODY. THIS EPISODE WAS FUCKED IN THE HEAD AHHHHH.

*takes deep breath and composes self* That felt good.

So what are ya'll's thoughts on the episode? On this chapter? Not a whole lot of action but it was important. I think this story's gonna wrap up soon. Maybe just another one or two chapters, maybe three. I haven't decided yet. Then again, I'm in emotional turmoil after tonight's episode so I may not be thinking clearly.

I have a poll question! What kind of fic do ya'll wanna see next? I have an idea about what I'm gonna whip up once this one's done, but I wanna know what you guys might want. Carl? Daryl? Another Rick fic? Someone else??? Let me know in the comments!

And before I forget! 5,400+ reads on this story! That is so insane! Thank ya'll so much!!! I hope ya'll like the next story I write just as much as you liked this one!

OK, so this AN is getting ridicuously long, so I'll end it with this: keep those votes, reads, and comments coming! If you like this story and know somebody who's searching for a good Rick Grimes/OC fic to read, tell them about this one please!

- Love, Madison :3

PS: BUT WHY COULDN'T BETH AND DARYL HAVE LITTLE BBYS???? WHY, WRITERS WHYYYYYYY????????

All right I promise I'm done now I'm just gonna go cry in that corner over there with some ice cream and my laptop ya'll have a good night now bye love you.