17

"So Mark is still alive," Renjun said. "We can save him but the ravens know that and therefore they are on a close look out,"

"And now," Jeno said. "How do you propose we save him,"

"Let's see," Donghyuck said. "You know, if we actually find for the portal first, and make sure we have a way back home, then we can come up with a plan to save Mark,"

"That makes sense," Jisung said. "But the ravens know where the portals are,"

"Yes, but, they think you guys can't open it," The squirrel said. "What they don't know is that us squirrels exist, and we are the ones that can open it,"

"Oh my goodness really!?" Chenle exclaimed.

"Yes if you don't make me deaf yet,"

"Whoops sorry,"

"Anyways let's get on with it," Donghyuck said as he stood up. They entered the car again and headed for the journey.

Meanwhile, faraway in the winter forest, Mark trembled in the cold.

The ravens guarding him all had that foreign glint of red in their eyes, making them almost robot-like.

His leg still hurts tremendously but he was relieved.

Relieved his friends made it out alive.

He expected to be dead by now, but he was still locked in this cell. Any minute now, he thought, he would have taken his last breath. If they didn't kill him yet, hypothermia will.

He wondered if they are still safe. He knew the wise men were still looking for them. He hoped they would make it out alive.

"So we have found one of them to be sacrificed,"

"It was tough, having to bring them from the human land,"

Mark frowned. Human land? He looked up to see one of the wise men, Ezekiel he thinks, talking to a white haired young man wearing the captain suit.

"Thankfully, the tall zombies managed to lure them to this portal, if not who knows what?"

"We will need to find the other six very soon, the blue moon is approaching," Ezekiel said. "Make sure you take care of that boy well,"

"Yes, sir," The captain did a salute before Ezekiel walked away, his long grey robe following him.

Mark frowned. So when they were swept by the current, they entered another world. Everything was planned from the start, for what? For these people to sacrifice the seven of them to their gods. 

This would mean the other six aren't safe yet. If the wise men managed to find them from their human land, there was no way the boys are safe.

"Damn it," Mark muttered under his breath. How are they all going to make it out alive?

"And we are here!" The squirrel exclaimed as they entered the spring valley. 

They all heard a stomach growling, looking back to see the red Jeno.

"Well, I am hungry,"

"You're lucky I brought some apples," Renjun said, throwing one to Jeno.

"Thank you so much!!"

"Is he always like this?" The squirrel looked at Renjun who laughed. 

"The only way to charm Jeno is with food apparently,"

"This is so beautiful!!" Chenle said looking at the valley. 

"It is isn't it!" Jisung exclaimed as he saw the pretty flowers swept down from the trees. The sky was a pretty blue with white clouds all over. The valley was full of flowers and leaves, the sun hitting them just right.

"Er," Renjun said looking at the squirrel. "The road is pretty bumpy, can we actually drive?"

"I don't think so," Donghyuck said looking down. He looked at the squirrel.

"Don't look at me, it's not everyday you see a car around here,"

"Then we should walk," Donghyuck said. 

"Whattt," Chenle groaned.

"Your lazy ass could do with some exercise," Jisung giggled, earning a smack from his best friend. "Owww!"

"We should park the car somewhere hard to see," Jaemin said. "Just so that they don't find us,"

"Under those trees should be good," The squirrels pointed to a bunch of bendy trees.

"Okay,"

In minutes they all got down from the car. Chenle and Donghyuck stretching like there is no tomorrow.

"Let's go!" The small squirrel said leading the way, making Jaemin giggle.

"How far is it?" Chenle asked as he followed Jisung.

"Probably an hour walk?"

"What?"

"It's not that bad Lele,"

"Sureee,"

"Bet they will end up together after all this," Jeno turned to Jaemin who just rolled his eyes.

"You think everyone is going to end up together,"

Jeno pointed to the two of them who giggled as Jisung threw some flowers at Chenle who groaned and chased Jisung, resulting at him back hugging his best friend.

"Okay that might actually happen,"

"So this might take a while," Renjun sighed. "You think we'll be able to save Mark hyung?"

"Yes Jun, we will,"

Renjun blushed at the pet name. He looked down, focusing on the steps as Donghyuck smiled at how cute Renjun was acting.

The squirrel fake gagged, catching Jeno's eye.

"I've been seventh wheeling since the beginning get on my level," Jaemin hit Jeno. "What? You should see the cringy stuff they did before we met,"

"No thanks," the squirrel laughed. 

"Honestly, this place is so beautiful," Jaemin said until he saw the sunset. "What are we going to do when night comes?"

"We could always lie down under the trees?" Chenle suggested looking at the squirrel. The squirrel nodded.

"Yeah but we have to keep a lookout," Jisung said. "In case,"

"Let's do it like last time," Renjun said. "Oldest to youngest,"

So once they completed half of their journey, the sun completely set. Funnily enough, the night breeze wasn't really cold, and they didn't need to start a fire.

Renjun who watched everyone sleep sighed. He missed his family a lot and he doesn't doubt that the others do too.

One question lingered in their heads that night,

Will they all be able to go home?

Hi guyss the Covid-19 is getting worse in my country but it is definitely more worse out there so I hope you guys are doing alright. Please stay safe and also practice good hygiene :)))))