“Love you too,” he called after me.

For my first class, we got to make a project, creating something with a block of wood.  We could paint it, carve it, leave it alone, or add to it with other random pieces of wood.  I decided to make my block of wood a paperweight, carving it into a heart and then painting it pink, purple, and silver.  Once I finished painting, I surveyed my work.

“Good job, Georgie,” the teacher told me, admiring the swirls of color adorning the heart.

“Thank you!” I said, trying to figure out where I would put my creation.  I finally decided it would look great on my desk.  

“Ah, yes,” I said aloud.  “A desk is a great spot for a paperweight.”

“It certainly is,” my teacher replied, confused, which confused me.

“Thank you?” I asked, not really sure.  We both stood there awkwardly before someone called for help and the teacher went to their aid.  Good old awkward silences, eh?

During lunch, Breton and I sat with the gang.  Hayley squealed about our relationship with Donna, the triplets weren’t concerned, Jelly Bean insisted that she called it while Frank backed her up, and Breton seemed strangely quiet.

“Are you okay?” I asked.  

He nodded.  “Just tired.”

I shrugged.  “Okay.  Try to get some sleep tonight.”

“Thanks, sweets,” he said, leaning his head on my shoulder.

“No problem.”  I grinned, knowing he couldn’t see me.

“You two are so cute,” Hayley gushed.

“Personally,” Brogan said, “I don’t see the big deal.”

“Big deal about what?” Donna asked.

“Being in a relationship,” Brogan answered.  “I mean, I guess they’re cute to watch, but they did stuff like this before.  Now that they’re in a relationship, it’s suddenly cute, when it didn’t matter before?”

“She’s got a point,” I said.

“Nooo..” Breton moaned.  “We’ve always been cute, they just never noticed.”  His voice was muffled because his head was buried halfway in my neck, but I didn’t mind.

“Of course we’ve always been cute.  Brogan’s wondering why no one noticed until we became a couple,” I told him.

“Oh.  Who cares?”

“No one, really.  Brogan was just curious,” I said.

“Tell her not to be curious, I’m trying to sleep,” he instructed, hugging me from the side and settling against me to get comfortable.

“You really should get more sleep,” I remarked.

“I usually do,” he yawned.  “I just couldn’t last night.”

I finished my lunch pretty fast, then urged Breton to get up.  I guided him to the library and back into my corner, settling him down on the beanbag.

“There’s thirty minutes of lunch left.  Take a nap,” I ordered as he snuggled into the cozy seat.  To my surprise, he pulled me down to sit on his lap, and hugged me from behind, settling his head once again in the crook of my neck.

“You nap with me,” he said drowsily.

I set the alarm on my phone to go off fifteen minutes before the bell then relaxed.

“Mmm,” Breton hummed.

“Shh,” I scolded sleepily.  “I’m trying to sleep.”

I woke up from our nap feeling quite refreshed.

“Breton,” I mumbled.  “Time to wake up.”

“Nooo..” he protested.

“Yes,” I replied.

“Noo,” he said.

“Yes,” I told him.

“Fine,” he said, standing up and nearly dropping me, before he suddenly caught me bridal style.

“Way to wake a girl up!” I exclaimed.

“Thanks,” he remarked, kissing my forehead softly.  “Now, you said something about class?”

On cue, the bell rang.  Breton let me down slowly, and we grabbed our bags and exited the library.

“Don’t forget we’re all meeting at my house after school!” I told him as we parted ways.

“I’ll see you in the parking lot,” he said with a wink.

~~

I wanted to end it with this chapter, but there's obviously still more to be done!  So I sliced the last paragraph of this chapter to use in the next one, and now this one's a little shorter but the next one, which is the last one, is a little longer.  But then I added a bit more to this one, so it's a little longer, but still shorter than the next one.  I think.

Another cover by the wonderful @Wonder-ful on the side!

Tell me what you think of the chapter!  Vote if you liked it!  And follow me for faster news about my updates! :D