Hellfire and Snow

Y/N's POV.

As I got ready for the mission, a wounded and out of breath Giyuu slammed the doors opened.

"Y/N!" He panted.

I was in Mitsuri's estate having tea and sakura mochi before the mission.

I got up quickly and placed my arms under his shoulders as support as Mitsuri went to get some bandages and alcohol.

"Kijisuta is going to kill you." Giyuu rasped out as I took of his slightly blood-stained haori.

"What?" I say as I look directly into his ocean eyes.

"I had recently seen Aiden and Lilian talking earlier in your estate, and he's planning to have Lilian kill you." He explains as Mitsuri handed me a cotton ball soaked in alcohol.

"Who's trying to kill you Y/N?" Mitsuri asks me, worried.

"It's a long story..." I reply as she nodded, knowing I was going to explain to her later.

Mitsuri then went to the kitchen to make Giyuu a cup of tea.

I furrowed in anger as I lightly dabbed his wounds.
Giyuu winced in a little pain.

"Then we were right all along..." I mumbled

"Haruna killed Kayasumi." Giyuu winced out as I doused his gash with alcohol.

I then wrapped up his bandages and went to throw away the blood-soaked cotton and tissues.

Right as I returned, my kasugaigarasu squawked and called out to me.

"Agatsuma Y/N, Kijisuta Lilian; proceed to the north end of Asakusa ,Tokyo!" It cawed.

"Don't go Y/N, I don't want you to get killed." Giyuu said as he held my hand intertwining his fingers with mine.

I smiled to him and kissed his forehead. "I won't make this the last time I see you. I promise."

Giyuu reluctantly let my hand go as I ran towards Asakusa, to complete my mission.

-Timeskip-

An hour later, Kijisuta and I had eliminated 20 lesser demons as the clouds in the sky thickened.

Right as we were finished, a gleam of light caught my eye, interesting me.
So I decided to check it out.

As I walked towards the shining beam, I heard rustling behind me yet I did not pay attention and neared the light.

"A broken mirror..." I say as I picked one of the shards up.

Before I knew it, Lilian's reflection had appeared on the mirror yet I was a little to late to evade her attack.

"Agh!" I yelled as a sharp stab landed on my upper back.
I bend my body forward as to not deepen the stab.

Right as I felt the sword pulled out from my back, I jumped to a tree and felt blood gushing down my back.

"I'm sorry Agatsuma, but you're dead." She bellows.

Lilian then jumped up on the tree, attempting to slash the me as I calmly jumped down and evaded her attack while clutching my wound.

"Why are you doing this?" I yelled to her.

"As revenge!" She says dashing towards me and slashing my arm.

"Gah-!" I yell stumbling.

"What did I ever do to you?" I asked her.

"You- you replaced me!!!"

"I wanted to make him proud!" Lilian says fumbling and slashing around.

"I wanted to become his successor..." She says breaking down.

"But I failed..."

"I wanted to make him proud after Kayasumi left me... But I didn't want to do it either. I did not want to see him die in my hands." Lilian says as she starts tearing up.

"I'm sorry Kayasumi-sensei!" She says dropping down her nichirin blade and crying.

Tears started to gather in my eyes as I shared a little of her pain.

I then slowly approached her, dropping to my knees hugging her.

"I know it's not your fault." I say gripping her.

"I know and understand how you feel..." I say heart-to-heart.

"I don't know what relation you had with Kayasumi-sensei, but even though he isn't here right now... Despite of everything you've done, he's proud of you."

"Even if you aren't his student." I say.

Lilian broke down and wailed as the both of us limped back to Mitsuri's estate.

"I'm gonna need a long explanation from you." I say to her.

Lilian just laughs dryly and nods as Mitsuri opened the estate doors.

-CLIFFHANGER- MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry....
I'll explain in the next chapter of who Lilian is and what relation she had with Kayasumi.

I hope you've enjoyed this extra long chapter!

Sayonara, Sora ('✪ω✪')♡