7

A few days passed, and everyone was making progress with her, except for Cas. His reasoning for this was that it was likely an adrenaline fueled event, and unless she was put into a similar situation, which the boys were unwilling to do, she would likely not use her powers again. She and Dean had fallen into a bit of a routine, with one of them waking up first and making breakfast for the both of them. They would then work out, stretch, and run through a few rounds of sparring. After lunch, Sam would teach her about the various things they hunted, and she would then learn how to shoot and how to use various sigils from Castiel and Bobby. After dinner with the boys, she would usually do her own thing, whether this was exploring or knitting, or anything like that.

One day, Bobby was awake early, around the same time that Em and Dean would be. He turned on the news when Em was preparing toast for the three of them. She tuned it out, but then she heard, "Sad news today, as the body of Natalia Thran, a realtor and community figure was found dead in her home. The cause of death was a heart attack, and according to authorities she has been dead for four days."

She dropped the plate she was holding. Dean took note of this, and asked quietly, "Bobby, can we see what else is on?"

It was too late because Em had already run out the front door. "Damn it," Dean muttered.

"So, I'm guessing that's her mom?"

"Yeah."

Dean gave her a few minutes, and followed her outside. "Em?"

He heard crying. He walked in the direction of the crying, and he found her at the base of a tree. He sat down under a tree a few feet away. She had her headphones on, and he could hear rock music playing faintly. "I'm here if you want to talk, kid."

"What, talk about the fact that I killed my mom?"

"I know, I'm stupid and all-"

"No. I'm the stupid one. If I wanted to make sure she was alive, I'd've checked myself instead of asking one of you," she spat bitterly. They just sat for a few moments. "You're gonna lecture me. Go ahead," she muttered.

"I'm not gonna lecture you. I'm just here so you don't have to be alone right now." He heard rustling from where she was. He looked over, and saw her disappearing up the tree she was under. "Alright, so you might want to be alone," he admitted.

"What gives you that fucking idea?" she snapped.

"I'm staying though, just incase you actually want to talk."

"What would I want to talk about?"

She sat with her back against the trunk. "Look, kid, I'm not gonna pretend I know what happened. But, we want to help you."

"Ok," she said. She just seemed tired at this point.

Dean decided to change the subject. "What kinda music do you like?"

"Whatever works, honestly. Not rap."

"Why do you use that old iPod?"

"It's one of two things I have from my birth parents."

"Ah. How much do you remember, if you don't mind my asking?"

"Not much. My mom was beautiful, brown hair and blue eyes, I think. I'm pretty sure my dad had green eyes, brownish-blond hair, he had a thing for rock music," she mused.

"He sounds cool."

"I also have this necklace that came from my dad, I think," she said, her hand going to her throat.

"That's cool," he said.

The two just sat for a while, just existing without needing to do anything.

______

A few days later, Em woke up and saw that the boys were gone. There was a note on the counter when walked into the kitchen that said, "We're on a hunt. Sorry about the bad timing. Feel free to call if you need to."

She looked at her watch. 9:30. She'd call around lunchtime. For now, it was time to work on her project.

___

Several hours later, her phone rang, breaking her from her focus. She had nearly finished it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, so, we're running our asses back to Bobby's because we're being chased by a demon," Dean stated. She could hear Sam rustling pages in the background.

"Take a left here."

She heard squealing tires. "Jesus, Dean, you're gonna kill someone," She heard Bobby grumble.

"So, we're gonna need you to make a devil's trap for when we get there, alright?"

"Gotcha. Anything else?"

"Not that I can think of."

"See you then." She hung up on them, and got a can of spray paint. She'd use both.

It's better safe than sorry.