2

"You know, when I think of a cult, this is not the kind of house I'd think of."

"What's the matter, Sammy? It's too normal?"

"Something like that."

They were in front of a normal looking two level house with a white painted garage. The boys walked to the door and knocked. The door opened. A man with black hair and brown eyes opened the door. "You must be the Hunters! I'm Tim. I believe you know my wife, Natalia, and my daughter Em." He offered his hand for a shake and stepped aside. "You boys are looking for a house, correct?"

"Yes, we are. We thought this would be a good place to come, business party and all," Sammy said.

"You boys are in the right place. There's refreshments, contacts, it's a well organized party if I do say so myself," Tim chuckled.

Dean perked up at the mention of food. He spotted Em walking past with a plate of cookies. "Heya Robbie, want a cookie?"

"What kind?" He was already reaching for one.

"Almond. They're good," Tim assured him, patting Em on the back. She tensed slightly. Tim didn't notice.

"Yes they are. Are they homemade?" Sam and Castiel had already gone to investigate. It seemed that they left Dean to run distraction.

"Yep!" Em said, proud of her creations.

"They're good, kid. You should go into baking."

"Yeah. I'm planning on having a black market cookie ring in college."

"Oh, I'm sure Mr. Hunter doesn't want to hear about your future exploits," Natalia said, motioning for Em to continue doing rounds at the party. She complied.

"I hope she doesn't get it into her head that baking will be her job in the long run," Natalia murmured. "It's a tough business, and she may not be able to make a living off of it."

"Yeah, well, kids will surprise you," Dean said.

"You have kids?" Natalia asked, sipping her wine.

"Nah, I have a little brother though." He smiled. "He went to law school. Stanford. I was really proud of him even though our dad didn't approve."

"Why didn't he approve?"

"He wanted us to be mechanics. You know, family business type of deal." He cleared his throat. "How'd you get into real estate?"

Her eyes twinkled. "Well, it wasn't easy, but meet the right people, anything can happen."

Dean nodded. You have no idea, lady.

The next day, they met Em back at the library.

"I found some EMF upstairs, but that's about it," Sammy said.

"There's bad energy all over my house. You don't need to be a psychic or an angel to notice it."

"Now that you mention it, I did notice something upstairs as well."

"Anything definitive?" Dean asked.

"Some small bloodstains and bad energy, but that's all."

"Really? I'm surprised they're that sloppy if what the midget tells us is true," Dean remarked.

"Hey! You guys are giants! It's not my fault that my parents had average genetics. But anyways, they know how to get rid of bloodstains so I'm surprised they missed a couple spots."

"Do you know how to?" Dean asked suspiciously.

Em tolled her eyes. "Every teenage girl is taught how to."

Castiel cocked his head in confusion. "Why?"

Em held up her hands. "I'm not explaining to an angel. No sirree. Today is weird enough."

"I'm not doing it," the Winchester's blurted. Castiel just continued to look confused.

"Continuing," Sammy said. "Have you found any actual evidence for this?"

Em reaches into her bag and pulled on a pair of gloves. She then pulled out a bone handled knife. One side was dull, and the other shone. "No clue what it is other than a knife, but I think it has iron and silver."

She placed it back in the bag.

"We're do some research and meet tomorrow? Same time?" Sammy said.

Emmeline nodded and walked out, her pace brisk.

The next day she wasn't there. Nor was she the day after that.

So Sammy decided to do some digging.