6

"Sorry boys, I'm not too well stocked right now," Bobby said, pulling three beers out of the fridge, and handing them to the boys. "I'll get you some water, Em."

As he got water for her, she saw him pull a flask out of his pocket and pour some out into the cup. As he came back, she asked accusingly, "What'd you slip in there?"

"I didn't put anything in there."

"You're lying."

"I'd tell her the truth. She can smell lies," Dean said, taking a swig from his beer.

"Alright, it's Holy Water, to tell if you're possessed," Bobby said, setting it down in front of her.

Em made a face conveying 'Alright' and drank from it. Nothing happened.

"Alright. So you're saying you came from a house with a cult?"

"Yeah."

"And you were almost sacrificed?"

"Yeah. It sucked."

"Sounds about right," Sam said.

"So, what now, boys?"

"Well, we were hoping to find a job 'round here," Dean started.

"Well, I meant with her," Bobby said, gesturing to Em.

"We're not sure," Sam said.

"Do you want me to leave while you discuss my fate?" Em asked bitterly. "Wouldn't be the first time," she muttered under her breath. Dean was the only one that heard the second part.

"No, you can probably stay," Dean assured her.

"We were thinking of training her. Can't ever have too many hunters," Sam mused.

"Alright then. Is she alright with that?" Bobby asked.

"Yeah. Sounds significantly more interesting than my other life plans."

"Are you sure?" Dean asked.

She looked at him. "Yeah, I think so," she answered.

_______

Em was asleep on the couch as the boys drank. "There's more to her, isn't there?"

"Yeah," Sam sighed.

"She did something very similar to what an angel can do," Castiel stated.

"So you're saying she's an angel?"

"No, she didn't seem to know about it, or anything like it. It seemed to be a one time thing," Cas responded.

"That's why you want her to become a hunter."

"Yeah," Dean said.

"The theory is I'll teach her about the things we fight, Dean will teach her to fight, Cas will teach her to use what powers she may have," Sam said.

"How do I fit into this?" Bobby asked.

"Weapons or things you think she needs to know."

"Alright. Anyways, I found a job for you boys. There've been some potential signs of demonic presence in North Dakota. Go check it out."

"You got it," Dean said.

_____

The next morning, Em was sitting at the table scribbling in a journal when Dean wandered out from where he fell asleep. She seemed to be sketching something, but she quickly turned the page when she heard Dean walking up.

"D'you want breakfast?"

"What's there to have?"

"Toast, pancakes, eggs probably," he listed, looking in Bobby's pantry.

"Toast works."

Dean got it started for the two of them.

"What's the journal?"

"I, uh, I sometimes have dreams of who I think are my birth parents, and I just collected all of my thoughts in here to try to make sense of it."

"Makes sense."

The toast popped, and Dean grabbed them quickly. "D'you want anything on it?"

"Just butter works, but if there's peanut butter that'd be great."

Dean fixed their toasts, and brought them over to the table. "So, we're thinking about training you to be a hunter. If you don't want to, we understand, and we don't have to teach you, but that's just where our minds went," he said around his toast.

"Alright, I don't have any plans for my life," she responded.

"You sure?" Dean asked, wiping his mouth.

"Yeah. From what I understand of this is that you guys need more people to deal with...the things you hunt."

"Alrighty then. So, I'm gonna teach you how to fight, Sammy's gonna teach you about the things we hunt, and Cas's gonna teach you about the things that you may be able to do."

"What do you mean, the things I may be able to do?"

"WHen you knocked out your mom, you did something similar to what he can do."

"Are you saying I'm an angel?"

"I'm saying you may have abilities similar to an angel."

"Alright. So, when should we start?"