Part 21: Beach Date

I was suddenly awoken when I felt a quick jolt forwards. We landed in L.A, and I already noticed the weather. It felt warm and I noticed a sweat forming.

"That went by pretty quick."

"Yeah you slept on my shoulder on the way."

"Oh I'm sorry about that."

"It's fine, I'm glad you kept up with my snoring." He laughed

"You were okay" I said with a silent giggle.

We all walked of the plane, Tyde was still with Calum and Michael. I was walking with Luke and Drew not to far behind.
Luke was talking with me and I noticed minor hints of flirting. We just joked around while exciting the airport. We had to be quick do to the fact we had screaming fans waiting.

As we got closer to the exit, we heard screams. 'I saw Michaels hair' or 'Ashton just waved'.

We walked outside and girls freaked out.
"JADE! Can I get I picture?!"

I replied yes and took pictures and I even signed her e.p.

-

We arrived at the hotel, and I must say it was very nice. It had a beautiful view.
We all were going to meet for lunch in an hour so we were going to get settled in our rooms.

I got my suitcase and changed into a white crop top, shorts and a pair of converse. With the time being Drew, Tyde and I watched tv.
-

As we were sitting on the hotel beds I noticed a alert from my phone, a text from Luke.

"Meet me in the lobby in 15"

I was confused and the text included no details to why.

"May I ask why?"

"Surprise Jade"

I walked into the bathroom and decided to fix my hair and look more presentable. My mom always thought me never to change your appearance, but I felt the need to fix my hair.

I told Drew and Tyde that I was going to head out and I would text him when I would come out.

I grabbed my purse and got the room key on the table. I texted Luke saying that I was on my way down.

-

"Hi Jade"

"Hello, so what did you call me down for?"

"I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me? You don't have to b-"

"I would love to Luke"

He seemed extremely nervous, it was adorable.

I swear my heart dropped to my ass I was so nervous. This would of been my very first date, and it was with a guy who I liked.
Our hotel was near Venice beach. It was absolutely gorgeous.

As we stepped out of the hotel, Luke pulled out a bandana.

"What is this for?"

"It's a surprise!"

He put on the royal blue bandana covering my eyes, revealing complete darkness.
"Should I be scared?"

"No just please trust me."

-

It seemed to be a 5 minute walk. I probably looked like an idiot with my arms out in front of me trying to feel my surroundings.

"Watch your step here, it's not that big."
I suddenly felt my feet sink into something light. Sand.

I smiled and immediately thought "beach".

"Okay we are here. You can take it off now."
I took off the bandana. My vision went blue and purple, my eyes were still adjusting. In front of me was a table filled with an assortment of food and drinks.

"Please take a seat."

He walked over to me and pulled out my chair, letting me sit down.

What a gentleman.

"Luke this is crazy."

"It's my pleasure." He smiled revealing those dimples that made me weak to my knees.
I grabbed a slice of pizza and fruit that was available in front of me.

"How did you arrange this?"

"I did it all myself."

We made small talk for a bit until I proposed to dip our feet on the water.

We walked to the water, the tide was slowly starting to come in. The familiar salty water filled the air, a scent I was only familiar in Yankee candle form. The sun was shining perfectly. Everything about this was perfect.
I was observing the ocean when I suddenly felt a cold splash on my back.

"Oh hell no."

I came closer to Luke and splashed him. Revenge was good. We both couldn't stop laughing

Everything felt right. I was actually happy.
He got closer to me and I leaned in. I have never kissed anyone in my whole entire life, so I just went with my gut and looked into his eyes and smiled. Slowly our heads got closer and our lips touched. It was filled with passion yet it was so gentle. I felt the coolness from his lip ring. He combed his fingers through my hair and I instantly got goosebumps. Our lips moved in a perfect rhythm and wasn't awkward.

We both leaned back and looked at each other while laughing.

"I've been wanting to do that for a while Jade."

I could feel the temperature in my face rise and my heart beat faster. For a first kiss, it was perfect. I had nothing to compare it to, but I knew it was great.

"So what does this mean?"

"I don't want to rush things but I do like you very much Jade. I want you to know that. Whenever your ready me know."

"I want to say that I really like you Luke. I appreciate how you think of me as well. I will tell you when I'm ready."

We walked along the beach. I wasn't keeping track of time. We both forgot about the lunch plans. I checked my phone and saw many messages and missed calls from Drew and Ella.

"Oh crap. We should probably go they are wondering where we went."

"Oh ya I got messages from Ashton wondering where we are."

"Thanks again Luke." I said while giving them a pec on the check

-

"Do you really think you could just go and not have us notice?! You had us worried sick!" John said in a harsh tone. (Manager)

"We were gone for like 2 hours." Luke said
"Yes and you missed rehearsals! This is important, same with you Jade!"

"I'm sorry, we won't do it again." I said in a hushed embarrassed tone.

"Good! What the hell were you doing anyway?!"

Well.....