Part 10: News

It's an important day, I was going to tell my family and Drew. I'm not really sure why I was feeling anxious, because I was so close to them. I just really hope they would be happy.
I woke up with this thought rushing through my mind constantly. But then I remembered. School. Yuck.
The thought of getting out of bed at 6:30 was out of the question, but I had to do it anyway.
My plan was to tell Drew on the way to school. He is going to be thrilled!
I grabbed my phone and put on some music and forced myself out of bed and I started to get ready.
-
I had to meet Drew at 7:25 downstairs, it was only 7:15. I decided to go on twitter and looked at my followers accounts and favorited some things. Most of the stuff was about me. Seconds later they tweeted their reaction to my action and it instantly made me smile.
Before I knew it, it was 7:23 so I walked over and grabbed my things and walked out the door. I tried to be quiet, both of my parents got home late last night, due to work. I shut the door quietly praying that I didn't wake them up.
I walked down the stairs and opened the door, revealing a tall figure. Drew.
-
We talked about the usual- New music, my loving fans, recording and boring school stuff.
"When should I drop the bomb" I thought to myself.
"So Drew, something really important was just offered to me not to long ago, and I really need to tell you." I said.
"Oh god, now I'm scared." Drew said.
"Please don't be, this is exciting and you aren't going to believe it so... Basically Adrian offered me to go on tour." I spoke trying to act cool. "I'm going to be opening up for a band that you know, "5 seconds of summer"."
Drew's face was priceless. His jaw dropped to the floor and I could tell that he "lost all of his chill". Drew often says that.
"WHAT. IS THIS A SICK JOKE, JADE?! This actually can't be real life." I said while trying to catch his breathe.
"This is real! I can't believe it either!" I said with the biggest smile on my face.
"So when does the tour start?! I don't even have to get tickets now, Sounds good to me."
"The tour starts in the beginning of June, and ends in September. All across North America!" I said excitedly
"Jade that's great! I'm so proud, your patents must be thrilled!"
"Oh um that's the thing...." I said with my voice getting quieter.
"You didn't tell your folks?! Jade!" Drew said.
"I'm going to tell them after school, don't worry. I'm just nervous about what they are going to say" I spoke
"Your parents are awesome, they know that this is your dream and you want to live it. They are going to be so excited!" Drew said.
Our tones got quieter as we walked inside school. Lovely.
-
Drew wasn't able to walk with me after school. He had drama club. I didn't mind, being alone gave me time to collect my thoughts. And in this case practicing how I was going to broach the subject to my family.
I walked straight home, it took about 15 minutes. Not to bad. I really wasn't looking Forward to walking up stairs. Drew was lucky he lived on the first floor.
I finally did it. I felt tired and walked into the kitchen to grab water. I grabbed a glass and filled it with tap water. I then looked into the fridge. Empty.
My mom said that she would be home around 4 and my dad said around 5 ish.
I walked into my room and started to do my Bio and math homework. I started a little in class but only had a couple questions left.
-
I heard a the door open and then shut. It was my mom and Tyde. I was excited that my mom was home. I walked out of the room, and went into the kitchen. My mom had just gotten groceries.
"Hey guys" I said
"Hello, how was school today?" My mothers sweet voice spoke.
"It was good, I was wondering if I could talk with you and dad when he gets home. It's really important."
"Oh of course, is everything alright sweetie?" She asked in a concerned tone.
"Yeah everything's fine, actually really crazy and exciting!" I said.
"I can't wait to hear!" My mom said while putting things in the fridge.
I walked into my room, the time was 4:10 so I decided to organize my room a bit
-
I was selecting my clothes for tomorrow, when I heard the door open. I instantly got excited.
This was it.
I walked out of my room, into the kitchen/dinning room. I saw my dad and he smiled at me.
"Hey dad, how was work?" I asked
"Stressful and long, but it's okay" he laughed
After about 5 minutes of talking, I asked my whole family to go in the living room, so I could tell them the news.
"So as you know, I have been recording a lot with Adrian lately and I am probably going to have some new music out. Probably an e.p or something like that. Isn't that great!"
"Sweetie that's amazing!" Said my dad.
"Honey I'm so proud" My mom said.
"Oh that's not even the big news! So Adrian told me some really exciting news the other day, and I can't believe I got offered this. So this band called 5 seconds of summer, is going on tour and they were looking for an opening act. Me! This might be it!" I was really nervous to how they were going to react.
"Honey that's great but, I don't even know this people! How long would you be gone for?!" My mother spoke
"The tour starts in June and ends in September. Please let me go!" I begged.
"Sweetie I'm sorry but I just don't think it's practical. And 4 months is a very long time!" Her voice got a bit louder.
I wasn't really the one to ask for a lot, but this was something that could help the whole family! Yes it's a long time, but I would be doing what I love! Doesn't she understand that?!
I swiftly walked to my room and slammed the door. My parents were not going to see me cry.