D-RoB Chapter 14. Are We Family? Part 1.

Y/n - Speak.
Hiccup - Speak.

~No one's P.O.V~

Vikings have a strong sense of community.

Snotlout watched Hiccup with boredom from one of the rock in the cove.

Apparently, it's important to be a part of a family. A human family.

Hiccup let out a sound Y/n would recall as a Night Fury roar. The sound echoed, but nothing else happened.

"That's why you brought us out here?" Snotlout snapped, making Hiccup turn to him, "To honk at the wind?"

And to celebrate that connection is just as important.

"Just wait, Snotlout." Fishlegs sighed, knowing he hadn't followed the training.

"Dragon calls." He scoffed, "Whatever." The mischievous boy pulled out a necklace from his back pocket.

Hiccup's eyes went to the Twins, their eyes intently stare at the light it casted on a rock.

"Uh, guys?" Hiccup asked, trying to snap them out of it.

"Idiots." Snotlout chuckled.

"Snotlout." Hiccup said, trying to step into charge.

"So stupid." Snotlout muttered to himself, laughing at the Twins' stupidity.

Hiccup looked at Y/n, who stood at the sidelines, waiting for the Noght Furies to arrive.

Seeing Hoccup's eyes on her, almost pleadingly, she took a look at the rest of the group, "Seriously?" Y/n asked in a stern tone, crossing her arms.

She had come to learn that if she did so, Snotlout would stop whatever he was doing.

"What? It's fun." Snotlout said, but not seeing Y/n's expression change, he sighed, "Fine." And put the necklace back into his pocket.

"Ugh, gone again." Tuffnut sighed when the light dot disappeared from the rock.

Y/n sighed, cupping her mouth to make a dragon call, making Shadow and Toothless hurry a little.

"Aaaand nothing. Can we go now?" Snotlout asked, already ready to leave. The sound of Night Fury roars stopped him in his tracks.

"You were saying?" Astrid crossed her arms. Toothless and Shadow jumped down into the cove, roaring while doing so.

"Fine." Snotlout gave up, "I hate to admit it, but that was pretty cool." He grumbled, looking the other way.

"Not as cool as that disappearing shiny thing. You can never catch it." Tuffnut said, leaning against a trunk with his sister.

"Fishlegs, why don't you show us your dragon call?" Y/n asked the blonde boy.

"Thought you'd never ask." Fishlegs said with a little smug smile before he began his speak, "The call of the Gronckle is as unique as the dragon itself; raw, guttural, intense, yet with a subtle lilt."