The Search Begins

Start from the beginning

~At the end of the battle~

"Samurai rangers victory is ours," I say as usual. Then I rush home to check on Bree. She's awake when I get there as if knowing what I'm about to say she says, "I'm fine." She is clearly in pain but doesn't want to admit it. I can see it in her eyes. Then she says something that surprises me, "I woke up while you were asleep next to me holding my hand it was... Really sweet and cute." That makes me blush bright red. "...Well I was worried about you when you got here you were unconscious and I didn't know what happened to you," I stated flustered. That made her laugh.

Brynn's pov

Little did Jayden know I woke up as soon as he got off the horse and ran me inside. I didn't tell him that though I just let him think I was still out cold cause I know that his identity couldn't be revealed to protect those he cared about. "Jay I need to talk to you about something," I say and he nods to let me know I can keep going. I pulled the chest out of my bag and showed it to him. He looks at me shocked then leaves to go get someone, and comes back with an older looking guy. "She's the Silver ranger!" Jayden whisper yells. Confused, I ask,"Who's this?" Jayden says, "This is my mentor Ji." I decide not to ask anymore. Instead I try to open the box and it doesn't open. Jay sees I can't get it open and he takes it and examines it. He notices a puzzle written next to a pass lock. Grabbing the box back I see what the puzzle says, "I have cities, but no houses. I have mountains, but no trees. I have water, but no fish. What am I?" I read aloud Ji and Jay looked confused but I figured it out. "A map!" I exclaim. Ji and Jay look shocked. "I used to do riddles with my dad when I was young," I explained. I put the answer in and it clicks open. Inside is a scroll and a little bag. I unroll the scroll and see that it's a map. I open the bag to find another smaller scroll that reads, "Nyla if you're reading this it means I'm dead. I'm sorry I didn't tell you the truth and I'm sure you have a lot of questions. It's not safe to answer them on paper. The map I provided will guide you to your power disc and samuraizer. When you find this, go to our old house, that's where the map starts. Whatever you do, don't let this power fall into the wrong hands. Love, dad." I read it aloud and start crying once I finish reading it. Jayden gets concerned and runs over to me grabbing my hand saying, "I'm sorry about your dad, but who's Nyla?" I decide it's time to tell him the "truth". I ask Ji to leave so I can talk to Jay in private. Once he leaves I tell Jay, "That's my sister's name. I don't like people knowing about her. It reminds me too much of my past, and how alone I was when my parents died. Since then she's decided she was better off without me. So don't tell anyone please." He tells me, "I won't. I promise." He grabs the note to read it and makes sure we didn't miss anything. "Wait there's more written here." He starts reading it, "P.s. when you find this go to the Shiba house and find Jayden and Ji." I was surprised that he knew them, but I was glad that I had found them.

I looked at the map and said, "I need to go to my old house, but I don't know what's still there. It burned down when I was little." I stood up out of the bed to start heading there, but I started to collapse. Luckily Jayden was still right there and he caught me. He said, "You need to rest first. We will go first thing in the morning after breakfast." I started to argue when he picked me up and put me back in bed. "I'm not giving you a choice. It's getting late you need to get some sleep," he tells me. I tell him, "Fine but I'm not happy about this." He replied, "I know but you need to rest so we can go search tomorrow. Goodnight Bree." "Goodnight Jay," I say.

With that the dogs snuggle up next to me, and I start thinking, he's so nice to me I couldn't ask for a better person to be by my side in times like these and on the plus side he is really cute. With that thought I fall asleep.

Jayden's pov

She gives in and lays down to go to sleep and I head out to the meeting room. I told the team, "I'm going with Brynn to her old house tomorrow. She told me that was her name." I knew I was lying but I was doing what she asked of me. Mike asked, "Why are you going back there? I thought she grabbed everything." I tell him, "We're not going back to the forest. It's the house she lived in with her parents before it burned down." Emily asked, "Is that why she was living alone in the forest?" I respond, "Yes she got lost in the forest when she went looking for help and hasn't seen her family since. She thought there might be clues to where her family went there." I tell them another lie. Kevin said, "We're going with you." "No your staying here in case a nighlok attacks. We can't risk us all being gone," I tell him. He starts to rebuttal but I cut him off, " I said no. It's getting late. I'm headed to bed. Night." "Night," they say. I go in and go to bed. I can't stop thinking about Bree and how crazy it has been seeing her again, but I also can't get the thought out of my head of her knowing that I held her hand. She thought I was Cute! Man the more I think of her the more beautiful she gets. I fall asleep thinking about her.

~The next morning~

I wake up at 5:30 am and head to the kitchen. I go in and see Bree cooking. I say, "Good morning. How did you sleep last night?" "Okay I had a bad dream. What about you?" She asked. I answered, "I slept pretty well. Do you wanna talk about your dream?" "Maybe on the way to my old house. For now do you want pancakes with bacon and Eggs?" She offered. "Sure I didn't know you could cook it smells amazing," I say to her. "It's my mom's recipe. It's one of the few things I saved before the house was too damaged to go back inside." I grab a cup and some orange juice. "Do you want some orange juice?" I ask her while I grab another cup. "Yeah thanks, breakfast is ready," she tells me as I put the glasses with orange juice on the counter and walk around and sit down. She puts two plates on the counter, one in front of me and the other next to me. Then she comes and sits next to me. "I hope we can find some answers about what really happened that night," she said. "What do you mean what really happened?" I asked in confusion. "Something had to have happened to make the house randomly burst up in flames. Both my parents were dead within seconds of the house catching on fire. Neither of them were on the side of the house that caught on fire first. My mom had no burns on her, and my dad was out front dead. He had no char on him and was bruised up pretty bad," She told me. "That makes no sense. If he went into the house there's no way that he didn't get char on him," I tell her.

We sat in silence over the rest of breakfast. We finished eating right as the others were coming in. "We're heading out be back later," I told them. They said, "Alright see you later." We left and went to a stable and grabbed a horse named Chance. I assumed that was her horse. She took him and saddled him up. I got on first and helped her up onto him in front me. Then we rode into the forest on a path that clearly hasn't been used in a long time. It led up to a hill and Chance started freaking out. She tried to calm him down by yelling, "Settle boy, it's okay." It didn't work, he just bucks us off. She gets up quickly and grabs his lead and ties him to a fence pole. Once she had him tied up she came and helped me up. We walked up the hill and it was eerily quiet. That's when I heard the snapping twigs and it came running at us and hit her and knocked her down the hill. I morphed and started fighting but he was too strong. The last thing I remember was him tying me up in his tentacles.