"We can't have a dog for now," Taylor ends. "Sorry but I can't cut down our already limited time together because of a dog."

"You're right, but we're getting that dog. Soon."

"That's a promise. But unfortunately for now, you're stuck with me." Taylor smirks as she stands between Romee's legs.

"How awful must that be for me, huh?" Romee jokes as she absentmindedly bites her lip while Taylor caresses her uncovered hip softly.

"Babe don't do that," Taylor groans almost as if she were in actual pain. "You know it drives me crazy."

Romee breaks out in a grin and she pushes the brunette back playfully. "It's not my fault my girlfriend has the raging hormones of a teenage boy."

Taylor gasps, a hand on her chest in fake offense. "Take that back! I will not tolerate such slander."

"You're so dramatic."

"I'm leaving now and I'm going to take a shower so I can rub off all this negative energy you're giving me." Taylor motions to her body exasperatedly for emphasis.

"Can I join you?" Romee asks flirtatiously but Taylor merely narrows her eyes and begins walking away.

"Nope, you've got to earn this teenage boy's crazed sex hormones!"

————

Romee celebrates inwardly as she pushes her chair back. The rest of the members were quick to leave the room immediately after the meeting was wrapped up.

"I know what you're thinking," Laurens states his back turned to her as he fiddled with a remote to turn the screen off. "Some meetings can be emails."

"Well I was thinking most emails, but you're my boss and kissing your ass is part of my job description so I can't do anything about it."

"Good, I don't have to remind you everyday." Laurens laughs lightly. "By the way, dad's really impressed with your latest advertising campaign. I am too."

"Thanks Laurens, that's the product of getting drunk on coffee for nearly two weeks."

"Well what can I say," he shrugs jokingly and puts on his coat. "You sleep none so I can, like a baby."

"That's very funny." Romee nudges his shoulder, the pair leaving the room side by side. "I'll see you soon, I'm picking Taylor up."

"Doie," He bids in Dutch. "Send my regards."

Romee takes the elevator to the basement where her car was parked. She'd texted Taylor she was on her way. By the time Romee gets there she'd be over an hour early and she was pretty sure Taylor wouldn't be able to see her message anyway. She was almost always never on her phone when she was in class.

Romee didn't mind Taylor's poor regard in texting much, she didn't want to be demanding of her time. Especially when she was out there chasing her aspirations in life. They've both established the need to be respectful for time, even before they had dated.

It was probably one of the perks that came with the pair dating much later. They've grown and matured over the years and although they often got silly with each other they were still serious about where they stood in each other's lives. They valued their time together, communication, and even the space that they had to give from time to time.

When they had reunited from Jas' party months ago, neither wanted to beat around the bush. With so much time lost Taylor had practically asked her out on a date the very next day. Their feelings were clear as sky, they had still loved one another in many ways.

The getting to know you part was quite tricky. They used to know each other like the back of their hands, and though there were resemblances of who they used to be in high school many of their traits had changed. For instance, Taylor was much more confident. She knew what she wanted and she wasn't afraid to say it out loud. If she didn't like something she'd talk it out with Romee and she loved that about her. On the other hand, Romee was also more serious and aware about her life, her job, relationships may it be with Taylor or her friends.

Day by day they were still learning about things they haven't about one another, and even themselves. Romee just felt lucky enough she could do it with Taylor.

Romee: I'm here, give me a call when you can.

After around five minutes or so of waiting, she exited the car and made her way to the entrance. There wasn't much to do for her inside, all the things that looked interesting were also things Romee was pretty sure she shouldn't be touching without guidance, so she busied herself with two of the school's brochures on the lounge.

She wasn't sure how much time had passed but whatever the case it'd been long enough because she had began seeing people with white coats making their way to the exit.

Romee's eyes were quick to recognize Taylor's figure. She was talking animatedly with three other students, but she had only recognized one of them.

"Hey," Taylor greets, leaning over to give Romee a kiss on the cheek. "I just read your messages. I see you've entertained yourself with....brochures. I feel really bad."

"Not the worst thing in the world, I managed." Romee turns to the other three still behind the brunette. "Hi I'm Romee, it's so nice meet you."

They exchange names and Romee shakes each of their hands, the guy at the end a little more firmly. He looks at her funnily but she acts innocent and merely smiles at him sweetly. The pair then make their way to the car after they say their goodbyes.

"Nathan's a little shorter than I expected." Romee blurts out while she puts on her seatbelt.

"Nathan?" Taylor asks, failing to repress the smile on her face. "Yeah, but he's taller than me." She shrugs nonchalantly.

"He's only like two inches taller than me. He's short."

"Romee he's 6 feet tall. He's not short, you're just tall." Taylor reasons, laughing at Romee's furrowed brows.

"I can't believe you dated him," Romee shakes her head distastefully as she backs out of the driveway. "I mean, really?"

"First of all, we didn't date. We slept together." Taylor clarifies. "And that was a one time thing."

"Hm, I'm pretty sure you told me you slept with him a couple of times."

"That was years ago in undergrad. I didn't even know he wanted to go to med school."

"Well I'm just saying," Romee shrugs acting as if she's kept her cool all this time and not at all bothered about her girlfriend being buddies with someone she used to sleep with. "He's not all that."

"Babe," Taylor starts as she rests her hand on Romee's thigh. "You're sexy when you're jealous but I hope this isn't going to give us any problems soon?"

Romee sighs in defeat and intertwines her free hand with Taylor's.

"Nope. I trust you, I know you surround yourself with good people. Maybe we can invite him over sometime?"

"No."

"Okay, I was hoping you'd say that. Stupid idea." Romee laughs and brings Taylor's hand to her face and kisses the back of it lovingly.