Eden tilted her head. "So, are you and Luke taking the master bedroom then?"

That'd taken the smirk off Heather's face, but she'd kept her cool. "Actually, it's all his while all us girls bunk together."

"Well, we wouldn't be upset if that changes over the course of our trip," Jenna assured her while Matt knocked on the door.

"Heather, girl, you and Luke just need to fuck already," Ali hip-bumped Heather, who'd playfully scolded the group.

The door opened to reveal Brayden, who had flushed cheeks and a glazed look in his eyes, but smiled and raised his arms with a half full bottle of whiskey in his hand.

"Yoooo, you made it! Great to see you, now we can really get shit rolling!" Brayden embraced Heather, and she'd laughed despite him accidentally spilling a small splash of his booze down her back. "C'mon in, this place is lit!"

"No way bro, that's so legit, bro," Ali teased. Brayden playfully flicked her off while he'd kept his arm over Heather's shoulders and allowed them all to step inside.

Wood and warm red-brown leather furniture opened up to them in the main room. The outside patio had a sliding glass door and large windows that'd reached the ceiling on the second floor. The chandelier with the antlers was a nice touch, Heather thought, as her eyes glided over to the upper level nook that'd overlooked the living room, and to the stainless-steel kitchen appliances. It was a sweet setup, and for the next three days and nights, their personal playground.

The Bryans and Luke all stood around the kitchen island, the latter looked like he may have joined later in drinking with the others.

Luke's eyes landed on her, and Heather couldn't help the warm feeling that warmed her whole body. He'd nodded a small smile in greeting, and she'd returned it while everyone else had gotten reacquainted and situated into their designated rooms.

Heather decided to wait on that, and strutted her way over to join in with the guys to ignore her body's reaction to seeing Luke again. She'd felt her cheeks blush as he'd wrapped a single arm around her briefly and took his offered beer.

She'd known she had to tell him as soon as possible, had wanted to tell him as soon as possible. He deserved to know.

Luke

"You got all the condiments and rice, right?" Matt asked.

"Yep, all here." Luke tossed a bag of said rice onto the kitchen counter where they prepped for their meal. Back at school, Eden had come up with the brilliant idea of having people pair up and be in charge of dinner for each of their nights at the cabin. Luke had asked Matt if they'd wanted to do team up, and they'd decided on serving everyone tacos. they'd finalized getting the rice cooked, cutting up the cilantro, making Pico de Gallo salsa, and then stored most of it in the fridge to wait for them to get back later that night.

"Sweet, I'm not gonna lie, I'm starving already," Matt said.

"I hear ya on that." Luke grabbed a Tupperware container out of the fridge. "I bought a shit ton of chicken; you could probably sneak some before the shuttle gets here."

Ali had immediately called a small shuttle-bus the Wilderness Resort offered, and not even an hour after Matt and the others had arrived, they'd decided to hit up the indoor waterparks.

Luke had felt like Matt had been trying to find the right time to say something. It's not like it was a huge mystery, so While it'd still been just the two of them, Luke had decided to help his friend out.